Does the VST plugin only use incoming tempo from DAW

gavuzzi

Does the VST plugin only use incoming tempo from DAW

Post by gavuzzi »

Hi,

I'm currently using studio one for my live tracks and lighting programming.
I've created multiple banks and presets for each song with their own tempos set in the bank.
However, the master tempo keeps trying to follow the tempo set in studio one (I have it set at 120bpm for the entire project which contains around 80 songs)

Is there a way the VST plugin can ignore the tempo from my DAW and simply use the tempo that I set in the banks?

Thankyou
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Does the VST plugin only use incoming tempo from DAW

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

The VST plug-in always follows the host tempo. Why not simply insert tempo changes in Studio One at the start of each song?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
gavuzzi

Post by gavuzzi »

Hi Dave,
The problem I have with that is I run around 70 songs in studio one which change order every week. When changing the order the tempos all move positions and don't align with the songs.

I've been doing some research to see if there is a way the tempo can be changed via a single midi note at the start of each song but I don't think studio one supports this.

Do you think I'll have to look at changing DAWs or could there be another solution?
papacucku

Post by papacucku »

You use one presonus studio one song for your entire show ? and just move the wav files to change the order of the songs in the show? Interesting. So you move the midi track data with the wavs to preserve the show.
Insert new tempo (Put the cursor where you want and click add temp change at left of tempo area.) at the beginning of each song and when you select all to move or rearrange make sure you copy/cut tempo track as well.

That should work. Eh? (I have not tested).
gavuzzi

Post by gavuzzi »

Thanks for reply!
Yeah so I basically use studio one's arranger feature to label all the songs, then I just use the arranger tab on the left to re order songs and it takes everything within that arrangement with it.

The problem with the tempos, is whilst these do move with the arrangement, it moves the start and finish of all the other tempos I have set for the other songs due to there being more or less bars depending on the speed of that particular song.

The only way of doing it would be to re do the tempos everytime I need to re order the songs which is highly time consuming (as they move alot!)

I've read about being able to send midi data from a DAW to the standalone version on the desktop, is this something that could be done in studio one do you know?