Multiple Midi Controllers with Respolume and DMXIS

lofivibe

Multiple Midi Controllers with Respolume and DMXIS

Post by lofivibe »

Good Afternoon Everyone,
I was able to get my lights up and running after endless trial and error. It was a faulty usb port on the back on my computer. I am now running into another issue. I have two APC 40 MK II midi controllers. Id like to use one with DMXIS and the other with Resolume to trigger videos and projection; however, when I plug in my second device for Resolume it says it is in use by DMXIS. When I look in the preferences of DMXIS it has both APC's checked off and I am unable to select just one or the other.

Does anyone have any advice? How can i make DMXIS look at just one midi device or the other?

Best Regards,
Hunter Smith
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Multiple Midi Controllers with Respolume and DMXIS

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Do the two connected controllers have identical names in the Preferences Window? This could certainly cause the problem, as DMXIS stores and identifies MIDI controllers by name.

(Note - I would expect macOS or Windows to normally allocate different names e.g. APC40 and APC40-2)
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
lofivibe

Re: Multiple Midi Controllers with Respolume and DMXIS

Post by lofivibe »

It separates the consoles into 1 and 2 in the other softwares im using (Ableton and Resolume) but DMXIS is the only one reading them as the same.