Anyone use EYOURLIFE 54x3rgbw??? Channel problem!

swingrays

Anyone use EYOURLIFE 54x3rgbw??? Channel problem!

Post by swingrays »

So i received my par today and hooked it up to my DMXIS and laptop and the channel functions don't coincide with the manual. I have my address at 001. I figured out what certain channels do, but one has my stymied, maybe its a sound activated deal, i dunno.

Might this be a defective par? This is my first led dmx light deal, so i'm kind of a newbie.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Anyone use EYOURLIFE 54x3rgbw??? Channel problem!

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Can you point us towards the manual?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
swingrays

Post by swingrays »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:49 pm Can you point us towards the manual?
http://forum.ma-dot2.com/index.php/Atta ... -RGBW-pdf/
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Are you sure that's the right manual? It lists 8 DMX channels, but the Amazon product page says 7 DMX channels...

Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
swingrays

Post by swingrays »

The Amazon listing I bought mine from says 8 channels. Some of the fixture profiles have 7 channels on the DMXIS website. I’ve tried a bunch and it seems 8 is correct. It’s just that my light doesn’t jive with any profile, channel-wise. That’s all fine, but I plan on creating a bunch of sequences with 8 of this brands lights at home to use at two clubs we play here and I’m not sure things will jive up, seeing as the manual and my light don’t jive. I ordered another one to see if that one is any different. They’re not bad lights for the money!!! I bought a DMX terminator just in case, but I’m only using one light for testing purposes. I doubt that is the problem.
Sound-guy Steve

Post by Sound-guy Steve »

I've purchased Chinese pars that came with a manual that was completely wrong. The fix was to go through each channel, determine what each does, then I drafted my own manual for the light. Even the led readouts were incorrect. Be sure to buy yours from the same supplier, as I've noticed that many identical looking lights have different programming in them.
swingrays

Post by swingrays »

That’s what I was afraid of!