Copied Presets and Shows Not recognised in WIN 8.1

Gradate

Copied Presets and Shows Not recognised in WIN 8.1

Post by Gradate »

I have copied my presets and show folders from a windows 8.1 computer and have placed them in the same folder on the other windows 8.1 computer and DMXIS operates as per usual except it does not show the presets or show options and only shows the General Bank option and the Reset all option in presets. It does not show my presets or shows that are in the ENTTEC/DMXIS folder in the Programs folder on the C drive as required.

I have uninstalled DMXIS and re-installed DMXIS but nothing changes the DMXIS box works correctly I have run the Program Manager and everything reports correct.

I am out of things that I am aware of to correct the issue. I have never had this issue before on Windows or Mac it usually just works but not this time. Also the program is not generating an ENTTEC folder in the documents folder where the shows folder normally resides.

Windows 8.1 HP Ultrabook i5 8GB Ram
DMXIS 1.6.3

Any suggestions
cgrafx

Re: Copied Presets and Shows Not recognised in WIN 8.1

Post by cgrafx »

Here are a couple of possibilities
1. File permissions on the copied folder are wrong and need to be changed so DMXIS can read and write to the folder
2. DMXIS is looking for files in a different location than you think it should be looking at

To check if you've got the folder/show files in the correct place, create a new show file on the new box in DMXIS and save it and see if it shows up in the folder you think should contain your old shows. If it doesn't show up their than you've got your files located in the wrong location.
Gradate

Post by Gradate »

Hi thanks

I just uninstalled DMXIS again and installed am older version 1.4.3 and copied the same as required and still nothing showing except the default General Bank and Reset All Preset.

So I created a new Bank and Preset to see where DMXIS is storing the information and I can not find the newly created Bank and preset in the main program folder or the documents folder.

It is not storing it in the preset folder that is in the C:/Programs (x86)/ENTTEC/DMXIS folder and it did not create a folder in documents folder either but it has the new Bank and Preset stored as I restarted the computer and checked all the locations and I can not find the new Bank and Preset in any folder related to DMXIS but it is stored within the application and is fully functional.

I also checked that all my copied files are not corrupt by copying them into the same locations on a Windows 7 & a Mac 10.10 computer and it worked perfectly on both no Issue at all.

So it has to be a Windows 8.1 issue as no other operating system has an issue like this with DMXIS

Unique but there has to be a solution from anybody here who has experienced the same issue with Windows 8.1

Thanks
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

try creating another show file and give it a unique name.

Then you can use windows search to see if you can find where the file is located.

they should be stored here: Vista & Windows 7/8/10: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ENTTEC\DMXIS
Gradate

Post by Gradate »

Yippee :)

That was it!

I was not drilling into the Public folder directory properly but I have now moved all the relevant files into there and it is all good.

Excellent thanks very much :)
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

glad that worked for you. :)