Chase Direction

Caterpillars

Chase Direction

Post by Caterpillars »

We're currently using the Chauvet Freedom Stick for lights and love it. The chases look great on them, but I'm wanting to change the chase direction at times.

For instance, right now it chases from top to bottom, but I'd like to change the direction to go from bottom to top at times (have the chase start at Channel 1 for example.) Is there an easy way to do that or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Chase Direction

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Just select all your chasing channels, then increase the Oscillator Chase control.

Beyond the halfway point on the Chase knob, your chase will start running in the opposite direction.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Caterpillars

Post by Caterpillars »

Ahh, that might be the problem. It may be that I'm using intelligent chase so it's chasing each LED in a group. If I select them all and then move the chase up it starts chasing each individual color separately, adding a random rainbow of colors rather than the correct blue for each LED. Is there a way to reverse the intelligent chase?
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Here's a new intelligent chase macro that runs in the opposite direction. Extract the zip, then copy the single .py file into the following folder and it will immediately be available in DMXIS:

Windows: C:/Program Files (x86)/ENTTEC/DMXIS/DmxLibrary/Macros/Chases
OS X : /Library/Application Support/ENTTEC/DMXIS/DmxLibrary/Macros/Chases
Attachments
Intelligent chase reverse.py.zip
(1.09 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Caterpillars

Post by Caterpillars »

Dave,

You. Are. Awesome. Thank you very, very much!
jesloren

Post by jesloren »

Hi! This is the only thread I could find on the freedom sticks :) Are you using the DMXis ---> D-Fi Hub ---> Freedom Stick?