Light Changing DMX Channel

kevintylerjord

Light Changing DMX Channel

Post by kevintylerjord »

I have an ADJ Hex Bar that jumps DMX channels as if it's in Sound Active mode. For the life of me I can't figure out how to stop it from changing DMX channels every time the drummer hits his snare.

Why would this light (and only this light, the other 5 don't do this) perform this way? Is there something in the settings that I'm missing?
cgrafx

Re: Light Changing DMX Channel

Post by cgrafx »

If it is in fact actually changing DMX channels, then you have a defective light.

There are no settings that would cause this. This would also mean you are also completely losing control of the light, (unless it is changing to a DMX channel in use by another light), but that seems pretty unlikely if its changing randomly.

If instead its just bumping light color changes, then I'd suggest you make sure you don't have the Sound Active function enabled, which can be done through DMX control. Perhaps you have an unintended channel overlap in DMXIS.

What DMX channels are you using and what mode is the light set to? (18-, 12-, 8-, 7-channel)
kevintylerjord

Post by kevintylerjord »

cgrafx wrote:If it is in fact actually changing DMX channels, then you have a defective light.

There are no settings that would cause this. This would also mean you are also completely losing control of the light, (unless it is changing to a DMX channel in use by another light), but that seems pretty unlikely if its changing randomly.

If instead its just bumping light color changes, then I'd suggest you make sure you don't have the Sound Active function enabled, which can be done through DMX control. Perhaps you have an unintended channel overlap in DMXIS.

What DMX channels are you using and what mode is the light set to? (18-, 12-, 8-, 7-channel)
I'm using 6 channel mode. It's not a channel overlap and isn't changing to another lights channel. It literally just drops and drops and drops its channel over time.

While in DMX mode it shouldn't be reaction like sound active mode right?
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

kevintylerjord wrote:
cgrafx wrote:If it is in fact actually changing DMX channels, then you have a defective light.

I'm using 6 channel mode. It's not a channel overlap and isn't changing to another lights channel. It literally just drops and drops and drops its channel over time.

While in DMX mode it shouldn't be reaction like sound active mode right?
No, which is why I started my first reply with the statement that your light is defective.