DMX USB PRO Mk2 working with DMXIS Plugin?

Maxweisen

DMX USB PRO Mk2 working with DMXIS Plugin?

Post by Maxweisen »

Hello DMXIS Forum,

I am currently working on a project where I need to control some basic RGB LEDs with Ableton, I see there is the DMXIS plugin for Ableton. I have installed it and do see it in my Ableton navigation window. The only problem I am having is that it is not recognizing my Enttec DMX USB PRO MK2 interface. I have tested the interface with Pro Manager and it is working and communicating with my lights. But when I try to use DMXIS Plugin with the interface it says it is "OFFLINE".

How can I get my DMX USB PRO MK2 to work with the DMXIS Plugin?

If that is not possible, what other options do I have?

Thank you for reading!
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: DMX USB PRO Mk2 working with DMXIS Plugin?

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

The DMXIS software (including the plugin) requires the DMXIS hardware, it does not work with other USB interfaces.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Maxweisen

Post by Maxweisen »

Do you know of any other way to use the MK2 to control within Ableton?
Timo

Post by Timo »

The special thing about DMXIS is that it works as a plugin inside your host software. I don't know any other solution that can do it that way. It's the reason to buy DMXIS. If you need that, simply buy it. Will save you a lot of hassle.
Philipe

Post by Philipe »

Timo; Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought the pro mk2 and Ableton doesn't recognize the USB. I loved the DMXIS; but someone decided that it was too easy and they stopped making them
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Philipe wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:49 pm Timo; Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought the pro mk2 and Ableton doesn't recognize the USB. I loved the DMXIS; but someone decided that it was too easy and they stopped making them
Now that Enttec have stopped manufacturing DMXIS, an alternative solution I can offer is Show Buddy Active.

Show Buddy Active works with any Enttec Pro compatible interface (including the Pro Mk2), has full VST & AudioUnit plug-in support, and the software is in active development (I'm the developer :) ). A new 2.1 release is planned for release very soon.

SBA also has a host of additional features including a visualiser, improved RGB programming tools with pixel mapping capabilities, and optional video playback.

I have a wee $50 discount promotion running at the moment on any Show Buddy Active purchase - just enter code SBA50 at the shopping cart page.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon