Separate fade times for pan & tilt?

Anything & everything relating to ENTTEC DMXIS.
adamfresk

Separate fade times for pan & tilt?

Post by adamfresk » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:34 pm

Is there any way to set fade times for pan and tilt movements completely separately/independently of all other fade times?

There should be some way to go about this, right? Or some other function that accomplishes the same thing in practice?

I can’t be alone in wanting to be able to set, say, the time it takes a group of moving heads to move from one specific configuration/set of positions to another, while controlling the lights independently of this movement? Yet, it seems it’s only possible to create scenes, where the fade time from one scene to another ”is what it is”, so to speak, regardless of whether the scene involves light settings or movements?

Is there, perhaps, some other way entirely of controlling the pan and tilt functions of moving heads, while only the light settings are saved to scenes? Some kind of external midi-oscillation-function (as opposed to the oscillators within DMXIS) or some way of programing fader positions and movements that doesn’t involve the creation or scenes per se? As far as scenes go, they seem to only come in one ”kind”. A scene is a scene, so to speak, and there aren’t different ”kinds” if scenes for movements vs lights...or are there?

I hope I’m managing to somewhat communicate what it is I’m after?

Thanks!

/Adam

Creepy

Re: Separate fade times for pan & tilt?

Post by Creepy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:35 pm

I don't use Pan & Tilt, but I just tested a similar thing using colour levels fading in/out.

1 - Create a Preset 01: All Channels Masked, Set FadeToNext to one Value, let's say a slow value (30sec)
2 - Create a Preset 02: All Channels Masked, Set FadeToNext to a second Value, let's say a faster value (5sec)
3 - Create a Preset 03: All Channels Masked, except those that you want to slow fade, and set the FadeToNext to 0
4 - Create a Preset 04: All Channels Masked, except those that you want to faster fade, and set the FadeToNext to 0

Now Call:
Preset 01, Preset 03, Preset 02, Preset 04 in that order.

Note: I'm not a lighting guy. I'm a synaesthetic musician/composer (well, 'musician' and 'composer' should be italicised because I suck at it - I'm just a synaesthete with a fetish). I use Presets that are ONLY Fades, and masked Presets with no Fades. If I want the next Scene to Fade in, I call the Fade Preset, then the Preset with the Lighting levels. I'm not sure if I learned that from here, from someone else who uses DMXIS elsewhere, or whether I came up with that from trial/error, but it's been working for me. Hope it works for you.

adamfresk

Re: Separate fade times for pan & tilt?

Post by adamfresk » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 pm

Thanx! I’ll try that! :)