Chase with 4 Par Bars

Anything & everything relating to ENTTEC DMXIS.
Post Reply
chopperhontas
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by chopperhontas » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi there,
I'm using a KAM Power Party Bar (others are available) and whilst i don't have any issues setting up chases for the RGB colours (which are on individual faders) i'm not sure how to do this when i want for example a purple colour. In this case both the RB faders are in play, but i need to fix their locations per light. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

wayneakp
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by wayneakp » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:24 pm

I have a KAM Party Bar with 4 lights - I hope I am correct in understanding that you want to chase a single colour along the bar? If so just set to RGB sliders to the colour you want and use the oscillator to chase the dimmers. I hope thats what you meant - Wayne

neilnotts
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:50 am
Location: Nottingham, UK
Contact:

Re: Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by neilnotts » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:52 pm

You need to set the colours up separately. First do the blues to chase from 0 to 100 then do the same chase with the reds from 0 to the desired level. Save it as a preset then start it running and they should chase your purple colour.
I am happy to go into the numbers if needed.
Hope that helps.

chopperhontas
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by chopperhontas » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:58 pm

neilnotts wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:52 pm
You need to set the colours up separately. First do the blues to chase from 0 to 100 then do the same chase with the reds from 0 to the desired level. Save it as a preset then start it running and they should chase your purple colour.
I am happy to go into the numbers if needed.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Neil. I'll have a look at this! :)

chopperhontas
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by chopperhontas » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:41 pm

neilnotts wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:52 pm
You need to set the colours up separately. First do the blues to chase from 0 to 100 then do the same chase with the reds from 0 to the desired level. Save it as a preset then start it running and they should chase your purple colour.
I am happy to go into the numbers if needed.
Hope that helps.
Neil,
Thanks for the suggestion but what i'm getting in a variance between pink, blue and purple. I think the colors on each lamp are oscillating against each other rather than staying together.
Any ideas?

Thanks

cgrafx
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by cgrafx » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:04 am

set your red and blue channels to 50% and then with them both selected set your oscillator and they will track together.

chopperhontas
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by chopperhontas » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:28 pm

cgrafx wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:04 am
set your red and blue channels to 50% and then with them both selected set your oscillator and they will track together.
OK that works thanks, but now i can only get all 4 on/off at once. Any idea how to make for example lights 1 & 3 come on then 2 & 4?

Thanks

cgrafx
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by cgrafx » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:57 am

its a little tricky, as you have to set the chase value of the alternate lights to 50% one at a time.

So the steps would be

1. Select all the Red/Blue channels for all the lights you want to chase
2. Set the channel values to 127 (50%)
3. Set the oscillator for all the channels
4. Select each even-numbered Red/Blue channel one at a time and set the chase value to 50%

It can be a bit tricky selecting the individual channels while they are moving. Its important to make sure each channel level stays at 50%. You can drag the channel (even with the oscillator running) back to 50% and let go to set it to 50%.

chopperhontas
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by chopperhontas » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:25 pm

cgrafx wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:57 am
its a little tricky, as you have to set the chase value of the alternate lights to 50% one at a time.

So the steps would be

1. Select all the Red/Blue channels for all the lights you want to chase
2. Set the channel values to 127 (50%)
3. Set the oscillator for all the channels
4. Select each even-numbered Red/Blue channel one at a time and set the chase value to 50%

It can be a bit tricky selecting the individual channels while they are moving. Its important to make sure each channel level stays at 50%. You can drag the channel (even with the oscillator running) back to 50% and let go to set it to 50%.
Sorry guys, just not getting it. when i select the individual red & blues as mentioned in point 4 they then go out of phase. No amount of dragging sliders sorts it.
Could do with some sort of combining of faders function in the software.

joel77
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by joel77 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:36 pm

chopperhontas wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:33 pm
Hi there,
I'm using a KAM Power Party Bar (others are available) and whilst i don't have any issues setting up chases for the RGB colours (which are on individual faders) i'm not sure how to do this when i want for example a purple colour. In this case both the RB faders are in play, but i need to fix their locations per light. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
If I'm understanding correctly, you want to do a chase in the color purple? Where it fades in and out? The only way I've been able to make this work is to highlight the dimmer channels for the lights you want effected. Set these up to be controlled by the oscillator. Play with the different parameters until you like what you have and then save as a preset. If your PAR lights don't have a dimmer channel, then you're out of luck.

I wish I could find a way to fade between purple and magenta, for example. I have yet to figure out how THAT works. Honestly, I don't believe there is anyway to make it work in DMXIS. The best I've come up with is to set the even lights to purple and the odd lights to magenta, then do a fader chase between the odd and even lights. Not the same thing, but it does give the effect.

HTH

Post Reply