Software Lag

BristolBritt

Software Lag

Post by BristolBritt »

Hi everyone,

Having issues with DMXIS lagging in the software when oscillating. I've tried it with powered USB hub etc - not sure what the issue is.

Video of issue below below.

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/Ch5MjNBoyAW1KSkMHHNE8W

Specs:

Macbook Pro 15 Inch - 2017
Processor: 2.8Ghz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Software Lag

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

First obvious question - has anything been recently updated on your Mac?

I take it you are using Ableton automation to drive the DMXIS faders? Have you tried looking at Activity Monitor, to see if the memory or CPU loads are abnormally high?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
BristolBritt

Post by BristolBritt »

Hi Dave - Nothing has updated or changed that I know of since it was last working properly. (potentially the OS? But it worked properly with this OS in the past)

I checked activity Monitor less than 25% of my CPU is being used while in Ableton.

Would Packet Refresh rate/MAB be a potential issue? The problem is intermittent and I can't seem to duplicate it.
Dave Brown [admin]

It's tricky to tell from your video what the exact problem is. Does the problem with the on-screen faders also happen when your DMXIS box is disconnected?

You didn't confirm if you're using DMXIS oscillators & DMXIS presets, or if you are automating individual sliders directly using Ableton automation?
BristolBritt

Post by BristolBritt »

Hi Dave -

The problem goes away when I disconnect the lights - however no single light is sole cause of the issue (i've gone through each stage in my chain to trouble shoot - sometimes I find what appears to be the problem light, remove it - works fine for a while and then back to problems a little by later)

I am using the Oscillators and Presets - presets are triggered by a midi note in ableton.

I definitley don't think it's a computer issue - my CPU is hardly taxed and there is a clear correlation between lights being connected and the issue happening.

Got a show Friday and been pulling my hair out trying to solve this - thanks for all your help!
Dave Brown [admin]

When connected to the software, what is the state of the four LEDs on the DMXIS box? Are any of them flickering dimly?

Can you connect to your box reliably using the Enttec PRO Manager utility?

https://www.enttec.com/products/control ... o-manager/
BristolBritt

Post by BristolBritt »

All the lights appear to be working fine - what’s weird is that the blinking light in the DMXIS software lags while the light on the box is fine.

I can connect with the pro manager - my box is 5-6 years old - could that be a reason?
Dave Brown [admin]

Tell you what, please contact me at dave@db-audioware.com, we'll make progress quicker that way!