Requests for future versions of Show Buddy

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
Burn Witch Burn

Requests for future versions of Show Buddy

Post by Burn Witch Burn »

...for a smoother work flow. By the way, I'm prepared to pay more for a more robust & intuitive app.

1. In edit mode: the ability to preview the text memos. The light show interface is in the way. You have to exit edit mode to preview then come back to edit mode. Your zoom position is gone.

2. ability to disable auto save. The program seems to run slow sometimes because of this. (or set to specific interval. Every 5 minutes, for ex.)

3. This is a big one for me: in the Show window, I'd like to be able to toggle the viewing mode between what we have now (each song is represented based upon its length) and a mode where each song is the same size. Just a list. (this is good when you have a very short segue that you need to get to quickly. Currently you have to zoom in. Takes too long onstage).

4. Show window: list on the right should stay still when dragging a song in. It moves too much when you're dragging and hovering over it. And the zoom level should not change. Perhaps the "list" view described in #3 would solve this. (also, the zoom level is lost post song drag and drop).

5. Different size text per song. Perhaps different colors for chord symbols. Ability to control text align.

6. In song edit mode: be able to lock the song text and or the light cues.

7. Database: the ability to export/import or erase just the light shows or just the Shows (set lists). Currently, I'd like to erase all of my Shows (setlists) but keep my light shows.

8. Song edit mode: Grid wouldn't be bad.

9. Tempo changes within a song.

10. in Shows: ability to crossfade songs. (different length per song if you want. not a global crossfade length).

11. Different volume lengths per song.

12. This would be a big bonus, though this gets into more DAW like behavior: an onboard EQ with different settings per song and a global EQ option.

13. In preferences: the ability to assign global Volume to any key. (up & down arrows for example). For one handed volume moves. (I play guitar and my laptop requires two hands for this).

14. When playing a set (show mode): ability to make the song screen at the bottom even smaller.

I'm a fan of Show Buddy. Best app I've found yet for what I need. Thanks Dave Brown. The above suggestions (most of them) are things the app needs to have for a smoother, quicker workflow. ...especially some of the time savers for a live situation or quick on-the-fly edits five minutes before a show). every second counts onstage. Thanks for reading and I hope one or more of these features are added in the future.