SB Setlist Click/Layer Bleed

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
wingzerotwo

SB Setlist Click/Layer Bleed

Post by wingzerotwo »

Hello!

I just recently received an upgrade to SB 1.7 from Dave, and I started upgrading click/layer tracks for our setlists.

I played a gig last year where we were using an older version of SB and had made click/layers on left/right respectively. While they sounded fine in Reaper, and in our older SB, apparently live was a different story because the audience could hear bleed of the click on the layer track that the FOH received. Unfortunately I was at a gig without a dedicated sound person, so no one could fix it. And no one bothered to tell us until about 1.5 hours into a 3 hour gig, that they could hear it. Joy.

So fast forward to now and the click/layers are being recreated for version 1.7. I also upgraded my audio interface to 3rd gen Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. With 4 dedicated audio outputs the idea of running separate clicks to drummer and layers to FOH is exciting.
However, upon trying all of this out at rehearsal today, I'm getting a very faint bleed of click in the layer track. I love how I can separate out it all and turn one up or down, or remove the active click altogether. So that bleed is really faint. Which makes me wonder just how much an audience would even hear with everything else running. But the better solution would be to remove it all together.

Making click/layers in Reaper isn't difficult but something isn't working. I'm rendering clicks to a stereo file and layers into mono.

Any thoughts or suggestions is appreciated.
Have gigs later in the year and would like to solve our problem before going public again.

Many thanks!
Tim
wingzerotwo

Re: SB Setlist Click/Layer Bleed

Post by wingzerotwo »

I have been able to solve the bleed issue with the new beta SB version.

It appears that if I use an iPod through mixing boards that there is no bleed at all and the issue doesn't exist.

However, using the Showbuddy software, there seems to be some kind of oddity at work. Regardless, in the Focusrite software I am able to lower the volume of audio outputs so that the level of bleed is pushed down to a non existent level, while still allowing the layer audio track to be full for FOH and the click track volume to be perfectly loud for the drummer and myself.

I'm marking this issue as case closed for now.
:D