can you activate songs with midi

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
Snuf72

can you activate songs with midi

Post by Snuf72 »

hello,

Buy reading the forum several threads i would like to have a answer to:

Controlling Show Buddy with MIDI: (i want to use setlistmaker to activate song with midi)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3671

transfer my shows, presets, to another identical MacBook Pro: (hoping that you don't have to reprogram everything when buying a new macbook)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3710
kkinerk

Re: can you activate songs with midi

Post by kkinerk »

Hello,

For your first question, I am just going to be trying to use Onsong (similar to Setlist Maker) to trigger songs in Showbuddy via Midi. I believe that Showbuddy will only allow starting/stopping, rewind to start, and Next/previous song via Midi. The songs need to be in a Showbuddy Show as well, so the capability is somewhat limited. I would love to be able to select any track in my track library and start it via Midi. I will update what I find out.

For the second question, my recommendation is to set up your second macbook exactly as your first...i.e. same locations for Showbuddy Media files, etc... Install identical versions of Showbuddy and DMXIS on your new macbook. Then just create a Showbuddy backup on the first machine, copy the backup file to the new one and restore the backup in Showbuddy. That works for me.