Multiple SB Installation Issue

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
YIT

Multiple SB Installation Issue

Post by YIT »

To Dave Brown, or anyone that can help

Have same problem I've seen in several posts here. I also recently purchased ShowBuddy Setlist from Sweetwater and having problems with installing the software on different PCs, as I determine which one works best for my application. It installed and runs fine on the originally Windows 10 laptop. When I try to install it on a second PC, I get the same error "[#1005] error while initializing DMXIS please reinstall showbuddy and restart" message mentioned by others. I understood I could install it on multiple PC's as long as it only ran a single instance, associated with a single specific DMXIS interface, with my one license. That's all I want to do. Already unsuccessfully attempted to remedy it by follow instructions for installing (moving) installation to new PC found on dmxis.com. In other posts, it appears Dave B. has emailed those with the problem a fix, instead of posting instructions how to do it themselves. That would be totally acceptable for me too. Please, and thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Multiple SB Installation Issue

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

If you still get the #1005 error, grab this zip file, unpack it, and copy DMXIS.dll into your Show Buddy install folder (overwriting the existing file):
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\db-audioware\Show Buddy (full version)
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
YIT

Re: Multiple SB Installation Issue

Post by YIT »

BRILLIANT!

Much appreciation Dave. My installed Show Buddy software was v1.6.1, so I first tried by uninstalling that version and installing 1.6.2. No luck. But, the dll file fixed it immediately. Assume I'll need to follow this same procedure, including getting a new unlock code, anytime I install Show Buddy on another PC? If so, no worries. Easy enough. Thanks again.

Best regards,