DMXIS lighting interface with logic pro x

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
gsc1ugs

DMXIS lighting interface with logic pro x

Post by gsc1ugs »

Can i use DMXIS lighting interface with logic pro x - Or will this only run with show buddy
cgrafx

Re: DMXIS lighting interface with logic pro x

Post by cgrafx »

You can drive lighting and scene changes in DMXIS from Logic Pro, but you can't control the physical DXMIS interface directly without DMXIS software in-between.
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

Thxs, i have got logic triggering dmxis software using midi channels 15 and presets 16 but the lights dont trigure. How do i setup presets so the midi trigures the led lights which are set at d0001 ? In enttec interface i have created 1 bank and 4 presets but just naming then b, gr, r, y is there anything else i need to do?
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

Any starter basic videos would help nothing to advanced because this is my first time doing this
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

I'd start with the standalone DMXIS software, not the plugin (you can only run one or the other).

Set your light to start at D001 (which you say you've already done). Load a fixture template that matches your lighting fixture (this will add labels to the individual DMX channels (for example Master Dimmer -> ch1, R -> ch2, G -> ch3, B -Ch4, etc....)

Then if you move the faders up you should see your lights respond appropriately.

Set the lights to a color you like and save that as a preset.

Repeat for different color or light settings, saving a new preset each time.

Once that has been done, you should be able to click through the presets to change the light settings.

if that works, quit the app, and load the DMXIS VST plugin version running in Logic. You should now be able to trigger the presets you just created.
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

Great help thank you, how do i get the standalone dmxis because im obviously just seeing the plugin
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

This is all i have after installing full software
Img_9569.jpg
Img_9569.jpg (177.19 KiB) Viewed 5302 times
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

Ok i have found the library for the fixture and the interface is set and RGB all work on different faders, how do i know what notes affect one preset? i can manually make lights change red, green, blue but my pencilled in notes dont do anything and when i start the song the main fader drops
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

I have sorted this using overwrite when faders set to desired preset. I have another question but this thread solved