Foot switch to control Show Buddy

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
oceanbluestudio

Foot switch to control Show Buddy

Post by oceanbluestudio »

Hello Everyone,
New to the forum here and I must admit, this is one of the most helpful bunch users on any gear forum I've ever belonged to. Now for my newbie question: Where exactly do I find the drop down box that allows me to set up preferences for foot switch use ? I've looked at all the drop down menu's and the preferences in Show Buddy to not include anything about setting up the DMXIS interface to foot switch mode.
Thank you all in advance for you replyies and have a well lit day !!
Ocean
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Foot switch to control Show Buddy

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

You don't need to configure anything in Show Buddy. Just setup your footswitch in the DMXIS standalone.

From p9 of the Show Buddy manual:

You can use a standard footswitch connected to the DMXIS hardware interface to control playback in Show Buddy Setlist. For this to work, you must configure the 'Load next preset' footswitch action (and optionally the 'Load previous preset' action) in your DMXIS show, as the following DMXIS screen-shot shows:
Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 15.02.19.png
Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 15.02.19.png (198.59 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
The 'Load next preset' footswitch action will start & stop playback in Show Buddy Setlist. The 'Load previous preset' action will stop & rewind the current song in Show Buddy Setlist. Remember: each DMXIS show has its own footswitch settings. If you find that the footswitch works intermittently, first check that you have configured it correctly in every DMXIS show.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon