Can I have different light shows for same track

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
tomdavisdotcom

Can I have different light shows for same track

Post by tomdavisdotcom »

I've searched but can't seem to find answer. I have two setups and would like to have different lightshows for the same track. I know I can just rename the track to make a second light show but any way to do it using exact same track?
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Can I have different light shows for same track

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Each backing track can have unlimited number of lightshows. If required, each lightshow can load a different DMXIS show, to support multiple lighting rigs.

When you double-click on a track to load it, you'll see "Default lightshow" in the left panel. Click the "New" button under that panel to create an additional lightshow for that track.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
NoWayHomeBand

Re: Can I have different light shows for same track

Post by NoWayHomeBand »

Hi Dave.

I feel like I might be asking a stupid question but can you give me more clarification on how this is intended to be used?

For example, I do lights for my own band and I want to do a small rig and full rig. In Showbuddy when I change what show is being used it a bunch of errors come up because the preset names are not the same in the different show.

Do I need to replicate every patch with a 'cloned' name to avoid this error or am I doing something stupid?

Also, PLEASE can you look at putting in a 'Master' choice of which show to use, because we do approx 30 songs a night, and having to go in to edit every song and which show it is using (full rig/ small rig) is taking quite a lot of time to change, and if we swap a song in to the set on the fly it could be set for the wrong show. Does all this make sense?

Love the software and it's really elevated our live show.