Is there a way to keep lights on after track ends

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
Brattbugg

Is there a way to keep lights on after track ends

Post by Brattbugg »

I use tracks for every song. Is there a way to keep lights on, even if its the last "look" in a song when the track ends? Right now when a track hits the end, the lights blackout. Not sure if its in my programing or the nature or settings of the software. I have a few tunes that have live endings, so when the musical track is over, Id like the lights to stay on, even if its just the last color that was on when the track ended. I have all of my songs set to blackout at the begining, for what its worth.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Is there a way to keep lights on after track ends

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Say you have Song A followed by Song B in your show.

When Show Buddy finishes playing Song A, it loads any lighting preset at 00:00 in Song B, then pauses.

So, if you want your stage to be blue between Song A and Song B, place a Blue preset at 00:00 on Song B.

If you want Song B to commence with a blackout when you press the spacebar, just place a Blackout preset slightly after the Blue preset in Song B.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Brattbugg

Post by Brattbugg »

Thanks, thats what I was figuring. I do have an additional question, when programing a midi controller, say the fcb1010, can buttons be programmed to access different banks of dmxis? For instance, I have 10 buttons on my controller. 1-4 control show buddy play, rewind, next, and previous. Thats works great. Can I in turn program button 5 to pull a preset from one bank the button 6 to pull a preset from a differnt bank etc?
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

Yea sort of. You need some sort of DAW like ableton or FL studio. I use FL studio and I use a launchpad controller to fire off my presets. How I do it in FL is I set up two virtual midi outputs and assign one to channel 15 (banks) and one to channel 16 (presets). I then open up dmxis as a plug-in in FL and make sure it’s on the same port number as the two midi outs. Now depending on which midi out I have selected, I can fire off which band I want OR which preset. The order of the banks and presets are determined by their order. Imagine a keyboard. The first scene of the list is always C0, second is C#0 and so on.

So reason I said SORTA is because of the fact that you have to manually select in your DAW whether you want to be choosing BANKS or if you wanna be choosing PRESETS. Example: you are in bank 1 preset 1 but would now like to choose something in bank 5 preset 6 from just one button. No can do. You’ll have to select the midi out controlling banks, switch to bank 5 then select midi out controlling presets and then select preset 6.

FYI FL studio demo is free and is the full program (without the ability to save) so if you wanna give it a shot and don’t mind setting up your outputs every time you use it there ya go.