School show with show buddy

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
Davemwilkinson

School show with show buddy

Post by Davemwilkinson »

Hi Guys.
Ok I have 2 questions.
I am programming a show for a local high school that are using some backing tracks. I have a * blank * track that is programmed as a ‘black out’ or with different lighting effects that I drop on the time line when needed in between scenes for scenery changes or during scenes for effect but as the track is only a few seconds long it hardly shows up on the time line. Is there a way to alter view in show buddy so each track is given the same space in the view. ( I know I have a zoom that brings it bigger as it reaches the track but it would be great if I could see everything on the time line at a glance.)
And second question. The hazer is connected via DMX. I can control the hazer via ‘touch OSC’ when I’m using DMXIS as a stand alone but it doesn’t work in showbuddy. Is there a work around for this other than bringing up the DMXIS panel in showbuddy and manually moving that channels fader with the mouse .
The idea is to just have the student tapping the space bar changing lights and starting tracks where is is marked up in the scripted and able to just press a button when needed to add smoke or give them a panic button to give a wash on stage and black out if anything goes tits up.
Thanks Dave