DMXIS and Enttec interfaces no longer communicate

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
sapian

DMXIS and Enttec interfaces no longer communicate

Post by sapian »

Seems I’ve run into a bit of a conundrum in upgrading to Mac OS10.14.2 I'm running a new Powerbook Pro ( Late 2018)

I use Showbuddy to cue my lights and also cue my video mapping software MadMapper via DMX
I also use Capture 2018 for previsualization. I use an Enttec USB PRO Mk2 interface to capture the DMX commands for either Madmapper orCapture 2018.

There seems to be a problem of the DMX USB PRO Mk2 AND the DMXIS being recognized consistently by the software when they are both active.

Before upgrading to Mojave I did not experience these problems. At least nothing that could not be fixed by unplugging and re-plugging in one of the interfaces, not so any more! Somebody here does not like playing with someone else.

I believe part of the problem derives for some conflicts in using two DMX interfaces together:

I’ve tried running DMXIS first but then Mad Mapper can’t find the DMX USB PRO Mk2, and conversely if I unplug the DMXIS interface and get Madmapper running then DMXIS will not recognize the DMXIS interface. Unplugging and replugging the usb cables with either device or software does not fix the problem. In fact, sometimes nothing will work and I have to restart and maybe I can get one interface/software to work. Quite maddening. Also, seeing as I have to use an adapter with my Mac that only has USBC 3 connectors I have tried various adapters with no reliable solution.

I’m sending out e-mail to all parties concerned as I’m not sure where this problem is rooted, my suspicion is some usb driver issue, anyway, hope you can shed some light,