ShowBuddy Light Presets copy/paste channels

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
RhettMusician

ShowBuddy Light Presets copy/paste channels

Post by RhettMusician »

Is there a way to copy, for instance, the first three channels to somewhere else on the light board? Basically what I'd like to do, within a particular preset, is copy the RGB from channels 1,2,and 3 over to channels 70, 71,and 72. Is there a way to easily do this?
David_LSL

Re: ShowBuddy Light Presets copy/paste channels

Post by David_LSL »

Yep, go to "Show" (on the top menu bar), and "Patch Channels". There's a pretty good explanation on the screen that comes up, but it's in the manual for DMXIS as well.
Thanks!
-David
David Henry
I teach lighting at: https://www.LearnStageLighting.com
RhettMusician

Post by RhettMusician »

Thanks David! I’m not sure I’m able to find the same settings as you were talking about though. I am on a Mac if that makes any difference?
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

The Show > Patch Channels window is accessed from the DMXIS standalone application. Thereafter, any patched channels will work within Show Buddy.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
RhettMusician

Post by RhettMusician »

Very cool. Thank you for that response. I didn't even know there was a standalone application. I downloaded it and started programming the patching but, for instance, if I patch slider one to slider seven should I see slider seven move when I move Slider one?

Also, perhaps you have advice on another problem I keep running into. Whenever I open showbuddy it sort of hangs until I disable Wi-Fi on my Mac. Once the Wi-Fi is disabled the light control panel finally pops up and I am able to re-enable Wi-Fi and show body works fine. Suggestions?

Finally, do you know if there is any way to edit the volume of a backing track while said backing track is playing during a show?
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

RhettMusician wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 pmI downloaded it and started programming the patching but, for instance, if I patch slider one to slider seven should I see slider seven move when I move Slider one?
No, you would still see slider one move. But on the DMX output signal, it will be channel 7 that changes.
Also, perhaps you have advice on another problem I keep running into. Whenever I open showbuddy it sort of hangs until I disable Wi-Fi on my Mac. Once the Wi-Fi is disabled the light control panel finally pops up and I am able to re-enable Wi-Fi and show body works fine. Suggestions?
What version of macOS and model of Mac do you use?
Finally, do you know if there is any way to edit the volume of a backing track while said backing track is playing during a show?
You can tweak the volume of each track during programming (via the "Volume" knob on the top-right corner of the edit screen). But to modify it at showtime, you would need to use the physical volume controls of your Mac or an external mixer.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
RhettMusician

Post by RhettMusician »

A1502 and Mojave