show buddy does not play back at the correct speed

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
andy gibbs

show buddy does not play back at the correct speed

Post by andy gibbs »

on occasions it appears that show buddy is not playing back my tracks at the correct speed, I can only overcome this by rebooting my laptop which seems to sort it, I have a back up laptop which is identical in every way which appears to do the same thing.
I am using a Dynacord powermate 3 with built in usb sound card, I also have Virtual DJ running in the back ground for back ground music when i am not performing so i am not sure if there is some kind of conflict going on but it's always worked perfect, the other problem i have on occasions is that i get a crackling sound coming through the system and the only way to rectify the problem again is to reboot, please please please if anyone has suffered any similar problems please let me know asap as any help or advise would be greatly appreciated, I wondered if there is a sound card conflict issue creating both problems
Many thanks. :(
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: show buddy does not play back at the correct speed

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Check that the sound card settings in Virtual DJ and Show Buddy match - in particular, make sure they both use the same sample rate.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
andy gibbs

Re: show buddy does not play back at the correct speed

Post by andy gibbs »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:55 pm Check that the sound card settings in Virtual DJ and Show Buddy match - in particular, make sure they both use the same sample rate.
Many thanks Dave i'll check it out