showbuddy failing to remember showbuddy setlists

Chat about Show Buddy - show control software from db audioware.
steveforward

showbuddy failing to remember showbuddy setlists

Post by steveforward » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:59 am

why is it, everytime i try and put together a setlist in showbuddy, i save it by backing up the database, and click back on it, and its back where i left it ?

i love the program and DMXIS, that is well documented, but in the show library section, its like it has a mind all of its own lol..

i spend ages re-arranging the songs in the correct order.. i then save the database, and come back to it later, only to find, its all back where it was..

incredibly annoying... :(
www.steveforward.com
Freelance Music Producer/Session Musician

alxsparker

Re: showbuddy failing to remember showbuddy setlists

Post by alxsparker » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Same thing for me !!!

pob7161

Post by pob7161 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:41 am

Ditto and I cant delete tracks from show just get a beep ridiculous. I have flaged this up for nearly 2 months but nothing. Starting to wish I had gone to show magic...

Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:03 pm

I'm working on a maintenance release right now to resolve these and other usability concerns with Show Buddy 1.2.0. Sorry for the delay, but unfortunately neither issue is reliably reproducable (I don't see either issue on my own systems) and this obviously makes them harder to resolve.

Regarding the "deleting tracks" issue - as I mentioned on that other thread earlier this morning - this is not consistently reproducable across all systems, but there's a report that holding down the "fn" key on OS X resolves it.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of DMXIS | D-Pro | Show Buddy | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon

pob7161

Post by pob7161 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:41 pm

FAB! and thanks for the speedy reply.... and keep up the good work. :-)

steveforward

Post by steveforward » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Dave I have a feeling you may only be loading in a few tracks.. It happens when you load in tons of them.. Ill make a video of what happens.. If there is tons of them all bunched up, you go to move one up or down and the mouse doesn't grab it.. When you go to click it again, it moves a conpletrly random track..

If you load in 5 tracks say, the problem is reduced or possibly not there..

A similar problem is this.. My light shows are getting more complex, which Showbuddy handles with ease, but I've definitely noticed it gets more sluggish the more you load in.. I'm running it on my laptop (i5/6gb ram win7-64bit)

Other than these slight niggles, it has never once faltered, so any updates please make the code just as stable.. Playback of tracks and light shows are top priority.. I'd much rather have a few niggles than a huge dropout on my show .. Which to date has never happened!
www.steveforward.com
Freelance Music Producer/Session Musician