Swap Track on Programmed Song

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
mpm32

Swap Track on Programmed Song

Post by mpm32 »

Hi,

I have programmed all our tracks with lighting cues. We have made some changes to some of the tracks, levels, click cues, etc.

How would I swap out the track and keep the lighting cues?

Things I have tried;

Delete the track file from the Show buddy files location and replace it with the new track. When I open show buddy it says, track not available. When you import the track and the program creates it's lighting cue file, are these tied together with a timestamp of some sort, I can't figure out why this won't work for me.

I did find out that if I Crtl-C (Copy) the lighting cues, delete the old track from the Show Buddy interface, import the new track, I can paste all of those lighting cues onto the new version of the track.

I'm wondering if there's an easier way?

Thanks in advance!
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Swap Track on Programmed Song

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

As long as the new audio file has exactly the same file folder names as the original track, you can simply drag/drop the new file onto the Show Buddy window and it will replace the original automatically.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
mpm32

Post by mpm32 »

Ah that's great.

So to clarify, if my imports come from the file Downloads, I can have that window up and drag the new track with the same name over to the show buddy window. Correct?

What about the length, with this work if the length changes? (I know I will have to adjust the lighting cues to fit the new length if this works)

And thanks for your help, this is awesome!

Mark
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

What if the new audio file is totally different? My situation is I program lights to the original song track then I want to replace that with our backing track. Reason is I can’t exactly get creative listening to a bare backing track and click... is this still possible and keeping all the ques in their original location assuming new track is same tempo/length?
Dave Brown [admin]

mikevar94 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 pm What if the new audio file is totally different? My situation is I program lights to the original song track then I want to replace that with our backing track. Reason is I can’t exactly get creative listening to a bare backing track and click... is this still possible and keeping all the ques in their original location assuming new track is same tempo/length?
Yes :)
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

Hey Dave I’m not understand what you mean when you say they need to have the exact same file names? Both my tracks are two completely different tracks. I’m looking to take one out and replace it with another but keep all the same cues. How can I do this? I can’t located any kinda of “media folder” on my computer either
Dave Brown [admin]

OK, I think in this case it would be easier to create a new track with the new audio file, and then copy & paste the cues from the old track:
  • Drag your new audio file into Show Buddy. It appears as a new track in the Track Library.
  • Double-click the old track, and click the Edit button.
  • Press Ctrl-A to select all cues, then Ctrl-C to copy them.
  • Double-click the new track, and click the Edit button.
  • Press Ctrl-V to paste in all the cues.
1afta9o9

Post by 1afta9o9 »

Handy :)
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

Not to be a pain...lol...but I can’t get the copy and paste function to work in Showbuddy. Also, control - a brings up the preference window for me... :cry: and doesn’t select all as your saying Dave.

I’ve gotta be doing something wrong...cuz copy and paste would help SO MUCH in the the whole programming process in general
Dave Brown [admin]

mikevar94 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:38 am I can’t get the copy and paste function to work in Showbuddy. Also, control - a brings up the preference window for me... :cry: and doesn’t select all as your saying Dave.
Sounds like you're using a Mac, and are pressing the Command key instead of the Ctrl key?

You can also use Select All, Copy and Paste in the Edit menu on the main menu bar.
Screenshot 2019-03-01 at 10.34.15.png
Screenshot 2019-03-01 at 10.34.15.png (239.49 KiB) Viewed 9541 times
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

Nope I’m using windows 10 lol. I don’t even have those options in the edit menu. Ahhh haha I’m so confused. I believe this is the most up to date version of Showbuddy as well since I just got it about a month ago.
Dave Brown [admin]

What version is displayed in the title bar? How do your menu options differ from the image above? Perhaps you could include a screenshot here?

The Copy/Paste features have been in Show Buddy for quite some time...
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

Hey dave I just sent you an email with the screenshot attached. For some reason I was unable to attach it on here. As you will see in the pic, the version of showbuddy that Im using is V1.4.1 (full version). I am using a computer with windows 10 and there are no copy/paste options under the edit menu or any menu for that matter. The keyboard shortcuts do not work either. I tried searching in the preferences window for a way to make these options become visible but have had no luck :(
Dave Brown [admin]

mikevar94 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:44 amAs you will see in the pic, the version of showbuddy that Im using is V1.4.1 (full version).
You need Show Buddy 1.5.3 or better to get the copy/paste feature. There's an upgrade option in the Help menu.