Wishlist

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
Fretwizard

Wishlist

Post by Fretwizard »

Morning,

Being a professional solo artist for over 20 years I've tried using pretty much every piece of software available, yet I have never managed to find anything that does exactly what I need.
Show buddy so nearly cracks it! It really is excellent and is a giant leap forward in every way.
However, for me it lacks a few key features that would make it the industry leader for all us gigging solo players.

I know everyone needs different features and your time is limited, but if you could add the following in a future release you'd nail it completely for me and many others.

1, Video compatability for those of us that use video backdrops. (I know you've already mentioned this for a future release)

2, Bluetooth and or midi Footswitch support so we can start, stop, tracks, scroll up and down track list, toggle autoplay on and off and for those of us that don't use fixed setlists, the ability to select the song we want to do next on the fly whilst playing.

3, basic 3 band eq and vol for each track would be so helpful.

4, separate click track audio channel.

5, full screen track list view for quicker song selection

As you know most of us guitar playing solo artists use our feet for everything, so the ability to use a bluetooth or midi pedalboard (4, 6 or more switches) to bring up a full screen track list, scroll up and down (so adjustable switch repeat time is a must), highlight the next song I want to play and switch the auto play on or off allowing me to either go straight in to the next song or stop... whilst im playing a song.... all with my feet!

This for me is what dreams are made of! 😁
!!!! The holy grail!!!

Show buddy is great and what I and a lot of others have all been waiting for.
For me its so close to being the ultimate live performance tool that we've all been waiting for.... for so long!
Thanks for doing an amazing job! 😁
andididy1010

Re: Wishlist

Post by andididy1010 »

It will be great to have the Video compatibility for ShowBuddy!

I have been using ShowBuddy for synchronized lightshow many times, but it's limited only to audio tracks.
Just recently, I need to program a lightshow based on a video file and I am looking for other solutions.

I'm very used to the UI of ShowBuddy, so if there's any possibilities in the future for this feature to be added, I'll be coming back.
Kevkon

Post by Kevkon »

Yes I agree, video integration is the next logical step. Any ideas when???
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Kevkon wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:15 pm Yes I agree, video integration is the next logical step. Any ideas when???
Imminently :)

[BBvideo=500,300]http://youtu.be/_yutuJPXRWw[/BBvideo]

This is Show Buddy running with DMXIS Platinum. Show Buddy is controlling audio, a universe of DMX (spots & washes), an Art-Net universe (160 RGB pixels), plus video clips and other visual FX sent to a projector.

The projector output is generated in real-time. You can composite multiple videos, images and other effects, and manipulate them to match song tempo (concentric circles at 0:48) or the audio (VU meter at 0:48). Video clips are dragged, positioned and cross-faded on the audio timeline like regular Show Buddy lighting cues.

A few more days testing, and then we'll be preparing DMXIS Platinum for launch.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
treelemon

Post by treelemon »

If I could get anything I might wish for....

I'd love a IOS app that was just be a "super-light" version of Show Buddy that I could use to play preprogrammed tracks. I would still use my laptop for setting things up, but being able to run a preprogrammed light show off of my phone would be pretty awesome!