Show Buddy newbie - I hope!

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
wayneakp

Show Buddy newbie - I hope!

Post by wayneakp »

Hi there

I have been looking around for a show control system that I can build upon. However unlike other people I want to start off with Lyrics – I considered StagePrompt but Show buddy it seems ideal as in the future I want to add more lighting (my fixtures are simple sound to light at present) so would then add DMXIS. However looking into it I need DMXIS first then add show buddy as it is licensed off the hardware – is that correct?

If so is there a way I can license show buddy on its own?

Also my demo version of Show Buddy has stopped working - I wanted to show someone else what it can do. When I open the program the help splash screen remains blank and the program does not respond –I removed the program and downloaded a fresh copy but it is still the same.

Many thanks

Wayne
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Show Buddy newbie - I hope!

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

wayneakp wrote:However looking into it I need DMXIS first then add show buddy as it is licensed off the hardware – is that correct?
Show Buddy runs fine without DMXIS hardware. You can add the DMXIS box if and when you are ready to add DMX lighting to your show.

(You do need to install the latest DMXIS software, but that's free to download)
Also my demo version of Show Buddy has stopped working - I wanted to show someone else what it can do. When I open the program the help splash screen remains blank and the program does not respond –I removed the program and downloaded a fresh copy but it is still the same.
Strange. Perhaps the preferences file (where the Show Buddy soundcard & MIDI settings are stored) is corrupted. What version of Windows or OS X are you running?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
wayneakp

Post by wayneakp »

Thanks for that - I think I was getting it confused with DMXIS licence - doh!

I am running Windows 7 - It ran fine first time - I appreciate it is a demo version and wont save or run for more than 30 mins - that is fine as I intend to buy the software - I just wanted to make sure the singer is happy with it - i'm just the lowly roadie ;-)

10/07/16 - I have uninstalled, rebooted, downloaded and reinstalled and it still does the same thing?
This is what i get
This is what i get
show buddy110.JPG (169.48 KiB) Viewed 4139 times

regards

Wayne
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

Have you ever figured out this issue? Did you end up buying the full version and did that work? I am literally dealing with the exact same issue with the demo and I am afraid to buy the full version thinking this may continue to happen. Hoping it’s just. Demo bug....