Show Buddy 1.5.3 public release available

Chat about Show Buddy - show control software from db audioware.
Dave Brown [admin]

Show Buddy 1.5.3 public release available

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Thu May 19, 2016 7:00 pm

Show Buddy 1.5.3 is now the latest official software release.

Existing customers can get the installers via the standard Show Buddy upgrade mechanism (i.e. start the software with a live internet connection). If anyone requires direct download links, please contact me directly (dave@db-audioware.com) with a note of your Show Buddy license number.

This release requires a minimum of OS X 10.8 or Windows 7. The latest Windows 10 and OS X 10.11 releases are fully supported.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of DMXIS | D-Pro | Show Buddy | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon

neilmorris

Re: Show Buddy 1.5.3 public release available

Post by neilmorris » Fri May 20, 2016 8:28 am

Hi Dave, is this exactly the same as the Beta 1.5.3 that I would have downloaded a few months ago or have some bugs been fixed since then? I.e do I need to download again?

There are still a couple of issues (when using my Mac anyway). Reordering songs in a playlist is difficult as the 'scroll' doesn't seem to work. For example if I try to move a song from the bottom to the top, it's very difficult and has to be done in several steps. It doesn't happen all the time, but most times. This wasn't the cast with the older version.

The other more serious problem is double clicking on a specific song in the current playlist. For example if I choose do play a backing track further down my playlist (i.e not the one that I was originally going to play next) it jumps and selects a different song when double clicking in it, sometimes 2-3 songs further down the list. This is rather awkward when you're performing and decide to play a different song than you originally had queued up. It becomes impossible to select the song you want. I have to then manually type the song into the track library and select from there rather than use the show library playlists. Again this wasn't a problem on the older version.

I have a modern Macbook Pro and I use the latest OS.

Many thanks,

Neil.
Neil Kristopher
www.neilkristopher.com

Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Fri May 20, 2016 8:34 am

Hi Neil,

This is the same as the release you have.

Just switch off the Zoom feature to resolve the issues you describe.

neilmorris

Post by neilmorris » Fri May 20, 2016 11:21 am

thank you Dave, once again you have solved my problem! Cheers
Neil Kristopher
www.neilkristopher.com

adrienneosborn

Post by adrienneosborn » Tue May 31, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi Dave,

Since installing v1.5.3, I have lost the capability to zoom. Whether editing a light show or not, whether auto-zoom is turned on or not, there seems to be no way to zoom in, as the white box that used to allow zoom control is gone (see attachment). I feel like I must be missing something simple! Can you help?

I have OSX El Capitan 10.11.5.

Thanks,

Adrienne
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 9.29.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 9.29.28 AM.png (108.81 KiB) Viewed 9347 times

Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:17 pm

First, auto-zoom is only a feature for the play list (i.e. the vertical list of songs in a set)

Nothing has changed with waveform zooming in the 1.5 release. You can hover your mouse over the left/right edges of the smaller waveform (at the very bottom of the screen) then click & drag to zoom. Or, use the scroll wheel on your mouse whilst hovering over the larger main waveform.

adrienneosborn

Post by adrienneosborn » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Thanks for the clarification on auto-zoom.

And thanks also for the info about putting the mouse at the very edge (left or right) of the smaller waveform. When I did so, I could see that the white rectangle I was familiar with WAS there; it was simply spanning the entire width of the small waveform, making me think it WASN'T there because I thought it was just a border design element.

Problem solved, thanks so much!

harmonicspeed

Post by harmonicspeed » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi Dave,

Show Buddy 1.5.3 is awesome!!! Just getting into using the loop feature at moment.

One thing I have noticed is that 'play lists' now display the currently selected light show. This is nice but, is there a way to switch this feature off as the song titles are much harder to read from a distance due to all the extra info on the screen? Maybe see selected lightshow via a mouse over instead?
Top job on the update though, it's even more amazing to use and gig with now!

Darren
Freelance musician, singer/guitarist, composer, music teacher, recording artist, performer.

www.darrenhuntsolo.webs.com

Sir William

Post by Sir William » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:26 am

After getting a few problems using the new version, I have now found the AUTO-ZOOM feature and turned it off. However, if I add a track to a show from the track library, the auto-zoom setting seems to be over-ridden and the display zooms. Any suggestions?

Also, a MASSIVE problem I am having during a live gig, is when adding a track as above to a show from the library, any track currently playing stops immediately upon release of the added track. Again, any suggestions?

Many thanks all.

Dahlgren79

Post by Dahlgren79 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi Dave,

I assume that you're busy with the release of the new DMXIS Platinum, I can't with either! ;)
But I just wondering if Showbuddy will have any new updates in the near future?
Hope you haven't taken your hand of the program yet.

I love the program and we use it on every show we do, but there some things I would like to have fixed.
Still have som problem with memos and filenames containing (å, ä, ö), the filename sometimes skips these letters and the memos looks awkward.
Also if its possible to select what shall be shown in the song name-list, now its all cluttered with both folder-name, filename and lightshow-name. I would like to just show the filename if thats possible.

Keep up the good work! Cheers!

https://ibb.co/fOHQ1p (heres what my window looks like) Mac OS High Sierra

joebataz

Post by joebataz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:52 pm

Hey Dave,

How do I get the license for Show Buddy Active? Is there an upgrade from my other licenses or can I use one of them?

Thanks,

Joe B

yosoychema

Post by yosoychema » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi dave, i´m new with the dmxid and i have two cuestions,

1. im controlling some blinders and tour hacer from ableton vía dmxid and i want to know if i can open from ableton the showbuddy app that i just download.

2. If i save a proyect in ableton with the dmxis output master level at 0.60, if i clouse and open again the master level is up to 1 alwais? How do i save the master level at the value that i want?

Thank for help

wesearcy

Post by wesearcy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:09 pm

Dave,

When cleaning up my performance laptop this morning, I noticed v1.4.1 and 1.5.3 in the program listing. I deleted the older version and the entire program was removed. The older listing still shows up in Control Panel, but the program is gone. I need a file to try to restore function and attempt a backup restore of my song and lighting sequences. I sent you my credentials in an email with a request for the direct file. I have a show in a few hours. Is there anyway you can get me lined out? Thanks for your assistance.

WES

wesearcy

Post by wesearcy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:22 pm

Dave,

You got me going and in time. Emergency averted. Thank you for such a timely response!!!

Wes