Showbuddy Demo displays "plug in failed to load correctly"

Chat about Show Buddy - show control software from db audioware.
mikevar94

Showbuddy Demo displays "plug in failed to load correctly"

Post by mikevar94 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:10 am

Hello all,
I recently downloaded the showbuddy demo to test out my new dmxis interface and dmxis program. The demo has worked flawlessly a few days ago but recently, I started getting an error stating plugin failed to load correctly. Ive probably tried to open this thing 50 times between yesterday and today. It randomly worked one time yesterday but after closing and re-opening it started acting up again. I planned on buying the full showbuddy software but I am afraid to do so thinking this may continue to happen..

Currently running the latest versions of both dmxis and the showbuddy demo gathered right from enttec's site. My computer is running windows 10 64bit. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the demo multiple times without any luck. I've also restarted my computer, tried booting up demo with interface plugged in as well as unplugged with no luck. Any help would be great!

mikevar94

Re: Showbuddy Demo displays "plug in failed to load correctly"

Post by mikevar94 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:40 pm

Bump!! Sorry but on a time crunch and need to be sure this won’t happen after buying full program!

Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 am

Try installing the DMXIS 1.5.7 release.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of DMXIS | D-Pro | Show Buddy | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon

mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:52 pm

I tried installed 1.5.7 but after doing so, dmxis would not open. I tried restarting my computer with no luck and just ended up downloading the latest dmxis and it now opens. Showbuddy demo still will not open however. The message it gives me is different message now saying "[#1005] error while initializing DMXIS please reinstall showbuddy and restart." I reinstalled the showbuddy demo and restarted my comp and I still get this same message every time. This is driving me nuts! haha. Perhaps there’s an older version of the Showbuddy demo that I could try downloading?

mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:55 am

Update:
Randomly got Showbuddy to open after opening up Showbuddy’s program files and opening the program from the shortcut in that folder. The program opened up maybe 3 or 4 times then eventually went back to the fail to load correctly message. I’m so stumped.

Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:24 am

Give this a go - it's the latest Show Buddy 1.6.2 demo...

www.dmxis.com/release/SB/SHOWBUDDY-DEMO-162-WIN.exe

mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:19 pm

It works!! Thanks so much Dave! Now I do plan on purchasing showbuddy. When I do so is there a way for me to go straight to purchasing 1.6.2? Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand is that 1.6.2 is only an update accessed from inside 1.5.7. If that's the case I am afraid 1.5.7 may not work like the demo leaving me unable to download 1.6.2 which DOES work. Getting confusing lol. Thanks!

Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:31 pm

Just ping me here once you purchased, and I'll email you a link to the full 1.6.2 installers.

mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:06 am

Hey Dave,

So I just purchased Showbuddy for windows. I downloaded the file that was sent to my email and showbuddy is still not opening. I tried on two different machines running windows 10. A message comes up all scrambled and I am unable to make out what the message is saying. I can just tell that it ends with "DMXIS". I tried uninstalling dmxis and showbuddy numerous times and it is still not working. The version 1.6.2 demo that you previously sent me does not work anymore either... I also tried re-downloading that without any luck....Please let me know what I can do to this fix this.

Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:51 pm

Email me at dave@db-audioware.com, and I'll send you the latest installers.

Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:54 pm

Also, I'm curious which reseller or retailer you purchased your license from? I'd really like to make sure that reseller starts sending out more up to date installers!