Special characters in Bank name- SQLITE_ERROR

Chat about Show Buddy - show control software from db audioware.
garynewt70

Special characters in Bank name- SQLITE_ERROR

Post by garynewt70 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:03 am

Came across an interesting error tonight. In Show Buddy Active, one of my banks was named: I'll be Home. No issues at all with the apostrophe in the bank name in Show Buddy Active when running in standalone mode. When running Show Buddy with Show Buddy Active and placing a preset from the bank with the apostrophe into a waveform, it is placed without a problem. However, if you try to move the just placed cue point, or drag a fade handle from the cue, a SQLITE_ERROR is thrown.
Screenshot 2018-12-03 21.46.19.png
Screenshot 2018-12-03 21.46.19.png (24.38 KiB) Viewed 45 times
I was able to fix the issue by renaming the bank and removing the apostrophe. Apparently, there is a bug with special characters in the interface between Show Buddy and Show Buddy Active.

As a side note, the track in Show Buddy I was placing the cue into was also named "I'll be Home". The apostrophe in the track name was fine- the error was only happening when the apostrophe was in the Show Buddy Active BANK name.

I am using version 2.0.11 of Show Buddy Active, and version 1.6.2 of Show Buddy on a 15" Retina MacBook Pro running MacOS Mojave 10.14.1

Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Special characters in Bank name- SQLITE_ERROR

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Thanks. This is really a Show Buddy issue, so I'll move the topic to that forum.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of DMXIS | D-Pro | Show Buddy | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon