What are the options for start/stop/next/prev besides the spacebar?

Chat about Show Buddy - show control software from db audioware.
brokenbones

What are the options for start/stop/next/prev besides the spacebar?

Post by brokenbones » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:08 am

I'd like to know what are the available options to control playback of Show Buddy. Does Show Buddy receive midi commands for controls? Can the foot controller be used to control backing tracks like in DMXIS? I guess the main concern I have is if the laptop is next to me on stage, I would like not to have to reach over and click on the next track and then hit spacebar start it. I use a POD HD500x that has midi send/receive. Our drummer uses on Onsong which has midi capability. I wonder if his app could send control commands to my computer? How are you guys running your shows as far as start/stop and previous/next backing track?

David_LSL

Re: What are the options for start/stop/next/prev besides the spacebar?

Post by David_LSL » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Yes, ShowBuddy can be configured to use both the DMXIS footswitch 1/4" and/or MIDI control. In the program, press "Help", and "User Manual" to access the manual, and check out pages 9 + 13 for config instructions.

Thanks!
-David
David Henry
I teach lighting at: https://www.LearnStageLighting.com

Dave Brown [admin]

Re: What are the options for start/stop/next/prev besides the spacebar?

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:36 pm

The current release (1.5 or 1.6) can be triggered via MIDI CC messages.

The upcoming 1.7 release can be triggered via MIDI Notes or MIDI CC messages, and also from keyboard presses. This open up the possibility to control your show with affordable USB footswitches like this.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of DMXIS | D-Pro | Show Buddy | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon