move freely between cues in a cuelist via midi triggers?

zackhinrichs

move freely between cues in a cuelist via midi triggers?

Post by zackhinrichs »

I'm hoping D-pro can emulate what I was used to in SBA, which was, to trigger specific cues with midi notes, and not have to be in order.

I have 26 moving heads with different positions for cues. Ive been successful at assigning these cues to buttons in a radio group with nice fades but unfortunately, those fades only apply to dimmer and color channels, not pan and tilt values, so positions snap into place which is undesirable.

So I made a cuelist which fades Pan and Tilt nicely, BUT, I've noticed I cant trigger the cues in cuelist with midi unless its in sequential order. Anyway around this?

-Zack
zackhinrichs

Re: move freely between cues in a cuelist via midi triggers?

Post by zackhinrichs »

Follow up to this with a solution in case anyone is interested!

I found a post from Dave B about changing a fixture’s attributes in it’s dmx profile. I used the online fixture editor to alter my Martin Rush MH6’s profile to have Pan, Tilt, and Zoom become “dimmers” so that the show control window buttons would allow them to fade according to the button transitions times rather than snap. It works very nicely with all my buttons in the same radio group.

This way, I don’t have to be constrained to a cuelist timeline’s requirement of triggering in sequential order and I can avoid all the extra steps of specifying in, hold, and out times just to get pan, tilt, and zoom values to fade correctly.

Ive noticed that altering the fixture’s profile effects how the fixture responds to built in pan tilt effects like figure 8, Can can… I’m guessing that’s because that macro is looking for “V” instead of “D” in the dmx profile?? Not sure.

But for now, this does exactly what I need it to and makes D-Pro show control window behave much like Show Buddy Active’s presets which Is what I was used to. PLUS the ability to make groups and pallets! Awesome! Now if only I could figure out the SBA equivalent of the copy/paste macro in d-pro…