Change Phase of Attribute Oscillator

jsjoen7896

Change Phase of Attribute Oscillator

Post by jsjoen7896 »

I’m wondering if there is a way to change the phase of an attribute oscillator, instead of having to select the fixtures in a specific order. Also while doing this, it looks like each action is overriding the last if it overlaps the same fixture.

Basically what I am trying to achieve is a smooth chase/fade from color to color moving accross a line of fixtures.

I’m using D-Pro with the DMXIS box and Easy Dancing DimRGBW lights.
jsjoen7896

Re: Change Phase of Attribute Oscillator

Post by jsjoen7896 »

So I've found a way to adjust the phase through the Python code, however the Attribute Oscillator (for which I cannot find the source code anywhere!) only utilizes half of the cycle. Since a sine wave function is between -1 and +1, all the values below 0 are not correlating to the lights (There are no values below 0 for the lights). I don't know if there is any value normalization in the backend of the Attribute Oscillator script, but I would LOVE to know how it is built and if I could at least view it somehow.

WHAT I AM TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH: Smooth color change over time on one light (and replicate that to multiple lights over time).

Basically I am trying to do a sine wave function between 0 and +1, not -1 and +1. The Attribute Oscillator seems to make the lights have a value of 0 for half of the cycle.

It seems like the DMX output is actually between -128 (The Lights don't react to these values) and +128 (-0.5 and +0.5), which is not helpful when you are trying to do a smooth color change over time on one light.