Moving D-Pro to new device

John Sheehan

Moving D-Pro to new device

Post by John Sheehan »

Correct me If I'm wrong please..

I have D-Pro installed on my laptop which I have been running shows I've programmed using my DMX USB Pro mkII.

As I understand from researching this forum, I can install D-Pro on my new device also. I dont intend on using both devices ever as the old laptop will become redundant once I'm confident I have everything up and running on the new device.

Both are Windows platforms.

Q. Do I just copy data from Program Files on my old device to the same location on the new device?

Do I need to export and import? If so, I can't find any options in D-Pro, or does the DMX USB Pro mkII have its own RAM?

I would really appreciate some assistance in order to make the transition as drama free as possible.

Thank you in advance!
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Moving D-Pro to new device

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Download the latest D-Pro software installer from enttec.com and run it on your new computer. Start D-Pro, and follow the unlock instructions.

Copy your D-Pro project files (ending in ".dsf") from the old computer onto the new computer.

Finally, open the .dsf file within D-Pro on your new computer. D-Pro will automatically download any fixture definitions required.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
John Sheehan

Post by John Sheehan »

Thanks David. Much appreciated!
kevinmpeters

Post by kevinmpeters »

I know this thread is a bit older, but I ran into an issue following above and wanted to mention in case it helps anyone else. If you've pulled in any custom scripts/macros you need to copy those from your old machine to the new one. I didn't do this and a bunch of things I had programmed for movers or even flashing didn't work, it took me a little bit to figure out it was because of the macros not being there. Hope this helps!

Kevin