What MIDI foot controllers are compatible with D-Pro and MK2 USB Pro?

John Sheehan

What MIDI foot controllers are compatible with D-Pro and MK2 USB Pro?

Post by John Sheehan »

Hi all,

I am trying to get my Morningstar MC8 to trigger saved cuelists in Show Control.

The cuelists read and save the sent MIDI triggers i've assigned in the MC8, but when I use the footswitch to operate the cuelists in Show Control, nothing.

The other issue I have is that the Morningstar MIDI device is not showing in the active midi device page under preferences, but can read and save triggers in Show Control configuration?

So what MIDI footswitch actually works please?
John Sheehan

Re: What MIDI foot controllers are compatible with D-Pro and MK2 USB Pro?

Post by John Sheehan »

Further to this the MC8 shows in the available MIDI Devices if I have both D-Pro and the MC8 connected to my laptop via USB, however the command line indicates event handler ignoring Morningstar MC8? MIDI then is also disabled.

I'm guessing the MC8 isn't fully compatible with the ENTTEC software or Device?

I'll give the Keith McMillen Softstep 2 a go and see how that works in the meantime. Will post back results in a few weeks.

I'd love some other input from any end users or ENTTEC developers too.
John Sheehan

Post by John Sheehan »

Okay, So now I have the MC8 fully talking to the USB Pro MK2, and for what its worth, CC values need to be max (127) for a start.Sometimes I have to restart DPro to get it to want to talk with the MC8. double click the little radio button in available MIDI devices.

Next hill to climb is the strobe on momentary seems to linger with subsequent fixtures. Meaning when I engage the strobe fixtures, the subsequent scenes/chases etc are still reading the prior strobe instruction. I have to tap on another momentary static fixture (no strobe config) to overide the lingering strobe instruction.

Trusting this makes sense, perhaps someone has some advice? Would be good. :)
John Sheehan

Post by John Sheehan »

Well thanks for coming everyone and watching me slowly work all of this out in public.

Hopefully the process may enlighten others, (or perhaps amuse them).

"Override" in the configuration settings does the trick with respect to eliminating lingering strobe instructions. :D

Over and out.