Restart CueList with midi instead of stopping

kevinmpeters

Restart CueList with midi instead of stopping

Post by kevinmpeters »

Hi All,

My band has D-Pro connected to BandHelper and I use midi to trigger the starting of cuelists, primarily from 3-4 generic cues. This all works well unless we have 2 songs back to back in the setlist with the same cuelist. When that happens the mid trigger turns off the current cuelist instead of restarting it. This is problematic as Bandhelper not only triggers our lighting, but also midi changes on all of our onstage gear and kicks off click tracks and sequence. What then happens is the cuelist doesn't fire and the stage goes black and we have to stop the song and restart it - luckily we know this pretty much right away so not a huge deal, and the crowd generally doesn't notice. But it creates a tap dancing scenario for our bassist who is triggering the songs stop/start.

Since we have about 150 songs in our set and change the sets around a lot this gets very difficult to manage keeping songs from being back to back with the same midi trigger. Any ideas on how we can make the start trigger restart the cuelist instead of stopping it?

Thanks much!

Kevin
cgrafx

Re: Restart CueList with midi instead of stopping

Post by cgrafx »

could you create a null cue list with effectively nothing in it and use that as a buffer between all songs.

You could call the buffer list either at the beginning or end of every song.
kevinmpeters

Re: Restart CueList with midi instead of stopping

Post by kevinmpeters »

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately not a good way for us to send the event to do this.
After speaking with Dave I ended up adding a second and third button in Show Control for each chase, and assigning them all to the same radio button and same start midi trigger. Now it flips in between those instead of blacking out.