Ableton 10 live to D-Pro

Buddahlove

Ableton 10 live to D-Pro

Post by Buddahlove »

I am sorry that this is kinda a repeat of a post, but I cannot find the answer in any of the posts. I see where people say that it is possible to control the Show Panel with a cue from a MIDI track in Ableton. I have a good understanding on how to build the show panel and how to make a MIDI track in Ableton. But I have no idea on how to setup the MIDI link on a MACBook Pro. If someone could point me in the direction I would be very thankful.

Thanks
Buddah
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Ableton 10 live to D-Pro

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Use the IAC Driver, a standard macOS feature that transmits MIDI between programs.

First, follow these instructions to create a new D-Pro IAC bus. Then go to [Preferences > Link MIDI] in Ableton and enable output to the new IAC bus:

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 22.28.29.png
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 22.28.29.png (42.52 KiB) Viewed 4185 times

Now you can route your Ableton MIDI tracks to IAC Driver (D-Pro). The final step is to enable IAC Driver D-Pro as a MIDI input in the D-Pro [Preferences > Audio/MIDI] screen.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Buddahlove

Post by Buddahlove »

I definitely appreciate the response.

I guess I was on the right track because I had that done from reading the different forum pages. I guess I am loss on how you learn the MIDI input from ableton. I have used a APC piece and with that in the “Show Control” window you hit learn MIDI and push a button, and bam your done. I am not sure how to push the button in a midi track in ableton.
Buddahlove

Post by Buddahlove »

I figured out how make Ableton send a MIDI out to the virtual MIDI land on the MAC, so that D-pro could learn it.

I am not sure if I am allowed to put this, but if anyone wants help with this topic, they can email me.

Buddahlove21@hotmail.com