Sticking Attributes

RYLtech

Sticking Attributes

Post by RYLtech »

Hello all -

I am using D-Pro and the Enttec DMX USB Pro 2.0 to control two ETC Sensor Racks, 8 - Martin Mac 250 Entours, and 24 Chauvet SlimPar 56's.

I am having trouble with sticking attributes in multiple fixtures. For instance, if I use a prism effect on the movers, the next time that I bring up a cue with that fixture, the prism is still in even though it isn't programmed into the cue. If I use the sound activation/pulse mode on the pars, the next cue that I bring up, the attribute sticks.

The only way that I have found to fix the problem is to use the red button of show death and reset the DMX output on the controller. If I can slip it in to a blackout, that is fine, but I don't have the opportunity to do that every time.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
APT Tech

Re: Sticking Attributes

Post by APT Tech »

The thing to keep in mind, is if you set an attribute and don't change it - for the most part it remains set. Look at this programmer cue for example:
Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 10.35.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 10.35.53 AM.png (77.25 KiB) Viewed 4550 times
The Dimmer is SET to 0%, and Focus is set to 0%. The Position is also set. Note that Dimmer, Position, and Focus buttons are all green. The remaining attributes - Colors, GoboWhl, GoboSpin, etc are black - so they are not set in this cue. That means, they'll remain wherever they were prior to running it!
APT Tech

Post by APT Tech »

Compare that to this cue:
Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 10.38.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 10.38.32 AM.png (70.7 KiB) Viewed 4550 times
It's basically the same cue, but all of the attributes are active (green) so will set to what it says. This is a very helpful feature in that it lets me "Set up" a fixture - direction, gobo, color, movement - THEN bring up just the Dimmer, after it's already set.

To avoid causing problems, you could either "Clear" the fixture when you're done with it (i.e. "Set" it to whatever you want as defaults after turning it off), or set it up prior to using it.
RyanMcRobb

Post by RyanMcRobb »

How did I not know this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for the clear explanation