Dual Akai APC40 and APC 20

smcdouga

Dual Akai APC40 and APC 20

Post by smcdouga »

Good morning folks! I would greatly appreciate your expertise here in solving an issue I'm having with DPro 2 Universe and Akai APC boards we're hoping to use with the software. We have purchased 2 - 40's (the originals) and 1 APC20 to use with DPro. All of these indicate in the Windows 10 device drivers list as detected and in DPro Show up as APC40, APC 20 and APC40(2). In trying to program buttons on one of the APC40's (in this case programming all of the pars to bring up each individual par to full brightness based on colours set on buttons above the sliders I've noticed that the first fader slider has the same address on the APC20 as it does on the APC40(2) and so on which makes having three devices useless. Is there a way to make sure the addressing on the second APC40 and the APC20 are individual?

I greatly appreciate your help on this!

Thanks in advance.
Stan.
smcdouga

Re: Dual Akai APC40 and APC 20

Post by smcdouga »

smcdouga wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:21 pm
Sorry I'm hoping my wording is clearer here.....

Good morning folks! I would greatly appreciate your expertise here in solving an issue I'm having with DPro 2 Universe and Akai APC boards we're hoping to use with the software. We have purchased 2 - 40's (the originals) and 1 APC20 to use with DPro. All of these indicate in the Windows 10 device drivers list as detected and in DPro Show up as APC40, APC 20 and APC40(2). In trying to program buttons on one of the APC40's (in this case programming all of the pars to bring up each individual par to full brightness based on colours set on buttons above the sliders I've noticed that the first fader slider has the same address on the APC40 and on the APC20 and on the APC40(2) which makes having three devices useless (all three act as one).... Is there a way to make sure the addressing on each APC are unique?

I greatly appreciate your help on this!

Thanks in advance.
Stan.
TheUntalentedOne

Post by TheUntalentedOne »

They are sending the same midi message on the same midi channel . I think a program like https://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator is what you need. It can manipulate the APC's midi messages before they hit D-Pro
smcdouga

Post by smcdouga »

So would that midtranslator be able to basically make the second APC40 and APC20 unique to the first APC40 in terms of midi channels? I'm looking to blanket make each board unique if possible without having to address each button or fader, etc.
TheUntalentedOne

Post by TheUntalentedOne »

I am pretty sure that's what Bomes does. I have not used Bomes but you should read up on it . I think it will do what you need it to.
smcdouga

Post by smcdouga »

Thank you very much!
Tat2sailor

Post by Tat2sailor »

Will this work with dual APC Mini's?
Tat2sailor

Post by Tat2sailor »

Disregard last post. i am working with 1 APC Mini and 1 APC40 MKII. Will let you know how it goes as i research. So far, they both kind of work but I think they are sharing some of the same button assignments.
Tat2sailor

Post by Tat2sailor »

Just got Bome and trying to learn. Still no verdict on APC40MKII vs Mini.
Tat2sailor

Post by Tat2sailor »

Apc Mini, no APC 40. Will try 2 mini’s in the near future.