Just bought D-pro today, question about functionality.

tamoore

Just bought D-pro today, question about functionality.

Post by tamoore »

Based on everything I've read, I assume D-pro works like this, but I want to make sure.

I have a simple light show with 8 RGB pars, 4 moving heads, 1 mini Kitna IRC, and four effects lights running off a dimmer/switch pack.

I want to be able to program pallets and cues to the buttons, assign them to midi notes, and turn them on and off with a MIDI sequence.

What I'm unclear on, is if the buttons stack.

for example, if I have a cue button that just has the RGB lights on as red and I activate it, if I at some point activate a cue button that only has the mini Kitna on it, would it come on over top of the red scene rather than replace it?

Thanks for the info. This is the functionality I couldn't find in any other controller or software.
APT Tech

Re: Just bought D-pro today, question about functionality.

Post by APT Tech »

You have the option of grouping buttons into "Radio buttons", where turning one turns off the others - or not, where you can have multiple buttons on at once. For my theater, it depends on who's programming :) one guy prefers to have each button control the ENTIRE scene, and he uses radio buttons to move from scene to scene. So if he wanted the RGB in red and to add the Mini Kitna, he'd put ALL of that on the 2nd button, and when you click it you'd get ALL of that and the button with just red lights would go off. That works very effectively.

Another guy, prefers to set things in layers. So he'll have the red lights on one button, turn on the Kitna with another button, then later turn off the Red lights with that button. It gives more flexibility, but it's also prone to leaving something on when you don't intend to (since we "Script" our shows and they're actually run by an operator who doesn't have detailed knowledge of the software).

So in short - it'll behave like you want it to, whichever way that is :)
tamoore

Re: Just bought D-pro today, question about functionality.

Post by tamoore »

That's exactly what I figured. Thank you so much for your reply.