Program LED button lights on MIDI Controller in D-Pro

kelflocruz

Program LED button lights on MIDI Controller in D-Pro

Post by kelflocruz »

Hi D-Pro Community,

I'm currently using an APC 40 MK2 with D-Pro to program a live music show. In my research to figure out how I could program the LED button lights on the controller to stay on when pressed and change their color indicators, I have come to understand that the APC 40 MK2 is not the best MIDI controller to use with D-Pro because of its use as primarily an Ableton controller.

I have looked into changing the APC 40 MK2 mode into its "Alternate Ableton Live Mode" https://github.com/sproshev/apc40-mode- ... /README.md which would allow the controller's buttons to be programmed outside of Ableton, but even after figuring out how to change the controller's mode I am lost with where in D-Pro software is there an option for any MIDI controller to have its LED button color assigned. Are there other users out there using D-Pro who have programmed their MIDI controller button colors in D-Pro?

Here's an example I found of a user using Daslight 4, you can see that within their software they are able to tell the controller to remain on after pressed and also there is a check box to send feedback from light back to the MIDI in of the controller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-x6dYggYuQ

In D-Pro MIDI Preferences, I can see that there are options to enable MIDI in and MIDI out. I can turn off MIDI output and the MIDI controller can still talk to D-Pro and control fixtures, so what is the point of MIDI out option in D-Pro if there is no interface in D-Pro to assign how those MIDI in/out messages are affecting the MIDI controller?

Any clarification or similar experiences that you could share with assigning colors to MIDI boards in D-Pro would be valuable. Thanks.

-Kel
flippatspace

Re: Program LED button lights on MIDI Controller in D-Pro

Post by flippatspace »

Hi,

when attaching an APC Mini to DPro and enabling midi in/out the button will light up in green (as far as I remember). So that works out of the box, but you cannot change the behaviour of an APC Mini. Depending on the Midi out command the button would be able to flash in green, orange,... but this is not possible with DPro.
Would be really nice to have some more adjustments here.

Not sure how an APC 40mk2 works in that case, but an ICON Platform M/X also starts to light up when a button is pressed.

The 2 "bugs" that were already discussed here are:
- lights on a midi controller didn't always turn off when a cuelist is on that button
- momentary buttons don't work (not really related to lighting then to midi buttons itself)

Rgds

Phil