Masking

joebataz

Masking

Post by joebataz »

Now that I've fallen back onto planet earth I'm getting back into lighting and DJing, this time using D-Pro. But I just ran smack into something I can't figure out. Is there a way to do masking of channels inside D-Pro?
My new system is geared toward overlaying fixture sets over other fixture sets, i.e. I have a bunch of blue fixtures and then I want to add another set of pink fixtures without turning off the blue. I know I can do this is DMXIS but I want to be able to do it in D-Pro.
Also, what are the latest versions of Show Buddy and DMXIS?

Thanks folks!!!

joeb
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Masking

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Masking is automatic in D-Pro. You can design as many cues as you need, controlling any attributes on any fixtures. Then layer as many cues together as you like on the Show Control window.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
joebataz

Post by joebataz »

Thanks Dave.

I was looking to do it in the cuelist section but from reading further I gather that's not possible. Show Control will work but can I add/rename the tabs on the show control window?

Thanks again,

joeb
Dave Brown [admin]

Masking is also automatic in cuelists. You can design multiple cuelists (to drive different elements of your rig) and load each cuelist onto a separate Show Control button or slider. Then, you can mix together multiple cuelists in realtime from Show Control as required.

You can rename Show Control tabs by right-clicking on them.
joebataz

Post by joebataz »

I have 8 fixtures that are coming up with values in their pan & tilt. I have removed everything except groups to find out where the numbers are coming from, any ideas?? I've restarted D-Pro and the values are still there but if I fire up DMXIS (after quitting D-Pro) everything is zeroed out.

Thanks,

joeb
Dave Brown [admin]

Each channel can have a default value, defined in the online fixture editor. Those pan/tilt channels probably have default values of 128 (like the screenshot below) to park them at a default position when no cues are running.

(DMXIS doesn't use the default values)

Screenshot 2019-02-06 at 17.10.33.png
Screenshot 2019-02-06 at 17.10.33.png (25.72 KiB) Viewed 6221 times
joebataz

Post by joebataz »

Thanks Dave. Having an issue with Show Buddy. I have a preset that I want to fade in, hold and then fade out. While this is happening I have other presets coming in and going out. The preset BlueWash fades in according to the front diamond but as soon as it gets to the end of the fade-in it fades out even though the body of the preset keeps going and fades out much later.
Also, how the heck do I delete a preset from the timeline??? Tried all the obvious keys but it just dings at me and stays in place.

Thanks,

Joe B
joebataz

Post by joebataz »

And there is no way to edit a preset if it's not yours? I have to redo the whole preset? BTW there is something really flaky going on with Show Buddy. I have 4 moving heads that swing up like a bell is being struck, BTW the song is Hells Bells. This works really nicely until I want a blue wash to fade in. It starts before the last "bell" finishes swing down so it stays up and never comes down. If I don't put a new instance of the blue wash immediately after each bell swinging down the blue wash fades away. I don't know if it;s with the new OSX 10.14 or what. There were some other flaky things going on with audio that needed to have system preferences adjusted but now there's this craziness with my lighting.
Hopefully you've got some suggestions...

Thanks,

joeb
joebataz

Post by joebataz »

Delete preset from time line, DUH, I found it.
Yes, it was the defaults.
Will post the Show Buddy stuff in the proper forum.

Thanks,

Joe B