AKAI APC Mini + DPro

baccano

AKAI APC Mini + DPro

Post by baccano »

Hello to everybody!
I red a lot of topics and I didn't find an answer...
Buying an AKAI APC Mini do I get a total functionality with the D-Pro interface?
Do the lighting buttons work on the AKAI if I map the Show Control panel with the controller?
I would like to set the AKAI buttons on the Show Controls button and the AKAI faders on the Show Control faders.
Are there knowing issue with latch or momentary state with this controller?
Thanks to someone can help me!!!

D-PRO is an awesome lighting software!!!
ibanez6

Re: AKAI APC Mini + DPro

Post by ibanez6 »

Hey Baccano! I recently purchased an APC Mini with the exact same intentions as you mentioned in your post and am happy to say that for the most part, it works really well. One thing you need to ensure is that you enable midi output within the preferences and set it to the APC Mini so the lights work.

One problem though is that there's no way to define more advanced midi parameters when mapping a button on the Show Control window. I've noticed that other software will allow you to set additional parameters for the midi notes that will allow you to choose which colours light up on the controller. It would be amazing if this was expanded in a future update as it would make this the perfect setup. If you check on YouTube, there are a few videos showing this in action including one for the Show Express software and DasLight.

The other issue I have (and it's a bit bothersome) is when I am running a chase (cuelist) from Show Control and turn the button off, the light on the APC doesn't always turn off with it. It works great for single cues and palletes I've added, but any time I turn a cuelist off, the button remains lit. Tapping the button (in Show Control) rapidly sometimes gets it to turn off.

I'm thinking this has to do with the midi information being sent while a cuelist is playing (individual cue midi?). Has anyone else encountered this? I might do up a video this week to show what I mean.

Anyway, loving this software and hope to see continued support and updates to add even more features in the future.
flippatspace

Post by flippatspace »

One additional thing I noticed is that the momentary buttons doesn't seems to work via midi (not sure if that is a APC Mini Problem or an overall one). But those buttons work great as momentary using the mouse, but on the midi pad it toggles the button so you need to press it again to release again.
flippatspace

Post by flippatspace »

Anything new regarding this problem? I now know that this is not only related to the AKAI. it seems to be an overall midi issue. It seems to be that if you enable the latch midi function in the settings the momentary feature doesn't work anymore.
kelflocruz

Post by kelflocruz »

@Flippatspace,

I'm having the same issues as you when it comes to simply getting the physical LED button light on the MIDI controller board to latch on when a button is pressed. When the button is triggered from the Show Control interface the assigned MIDI button LED light latches on the controller but not vice versa.

Did you find a work around for this or did you move to another software that does enable this function?

LED button light latches and changing button color are essential for organization and triggering in the live set that I'm making, interested to hear your experience since November 2018 when you last posted.
flippatspace

Post by flippatspace »

No currently I don't have any workaround for that (only using the pc mouse for momentary buttons).
I also didn't move to another software as I really like d-pro and hope that this will be fixed soon in a new release.
By the way it would also be great to have the ability to output midi to more then 1 device. We bought some ICON platform midi controllers which are really nice for using with DPro. Well there are some error we have with them and I am not sure if they are ICON or DPro related. But I will find the out and post some infos here (if someone is interessted in).
HS-Kerfi

Post by HS-Kerfi »

flippatspace wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:02 pm No currently I don't have any workaround for that (only using the pc mouse for momentary buttons).
I also didn't move to another software as I really like d-pro and hope that this will be fixed soon in a new release.
By the way it would also be great to have the ability to output midi to more then 1 device. We bought some ICON platform midi controllers which are really nice for using with DPro. Well there are some error we have with them and I am not sure if they are ICON or DPro related. But I will find the out and post some infos here (if someone is interessted in).

Hi are you stil using Icon Platform if so can you pliss contact me by email Hinrik@HS-Kerfi.is
Tat2sailor

Post by Tat2sailor »

Hello,
Any progress on using 2 APC Mini's?
Tat2sailor

Post by Tat2sailor »

Have 2 APC Mini's up and running! Thanks to Bome!
Tat2sailor

Post by Tat2sailor »

Can I program APC Mini sliders as x y axis for movers?