Both MIDI Latch and Momentary

vro3

Both MIDI Latch and Momentary

Post by vro3 »

Hey guys!
I'm looking to use a launchpad to both 'perform' lighting, but also, trigger cuelists.
Right now - I can only do either, or.

Is there a way to set certain cues to be momentary and certain ones to latch?

I can trigger the cue on my computer, and it'll turn on - just not via a controller.

Thoughts?
Thanks!
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Both MIDI Latch and Momentary

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

The 1.8.0 release supports both latching and momentary buttons. Currently in beta status, email me at dave@db-audioware.com if you want to give it a shot.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
vro3

Post by vro3 »

Thanks! I have that working now -

wondering if you might have some insight into what I'm trying to do, and setting up the template.
I'm a drummer, and I'm looking to use Ableton to control lights, both as pre-programmed, AND live 'performance'.

I have everything routed fine. I can send MIDI notes to Dpro, and it'll trigger the LEDs.

Currently, I have MIDI latch off, Momentary off, and I am drawing the length of the MIDI note to be the 'light on'.
But, I want to be able to play notes as well, and have them flash, on top of the prerecorded performance.

Is the answer keep it as is, but build more cues for the momentary flashes? I know there's a magical combination.
Would love some brainstorming help!

Thank you!
flippatspace

Post by flippatspace »

Heyho,

sorry for bringing this topic back to life.
Maybe I did something wrong, but I cannot have midi latch enabled in he config and then have some buttons be momentary. They are then mementary when using the mouse and click that button on the show control itself, but they are not when I assign that momentary button to a midi button. If I hit that button on the midi device it stays on. I need to hit it again to disable it.

I am using the latest version of d-pro (so 1.92)

Thanks
Phil