help with OSC syntax....

ziggy

help with OSC syntax....

Post by ziggy »

Hello
is there anywhere a library for the OSC commands in D-Pro ??
I am quite familiar with OSC commands (and using Touch-OSC and Nemour) but I need a "starting-point"
maybe there exists a layout for D-Pro ?? where ?? or at list a file listing the basic commands ?
I found the layout for DMXIS but this does not work because its talking to DMXIS.....

by using a "OSC-sniffer", I found some command-lines like "/sc/gm" (GrandMaster) or "/sc/fade/run/1/1" (Submasters) and "/sc/fsnap/run/1/1" for Snapshots
but any help (or documentation) would be appreciated especially for labels ect (and I will later-on share my OSC layout.... :) )

I can use TouchOSC as a simple Midi-Controler and it works; but I would like to use directly OSC (to get the text and all that stuff on buttons and faders...)

thanks for any help
cheers Ziggy
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: help with OSC syntax....

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

The OSC reference is at the end of the user manual (via the Help menu)
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

Hello Dave
Thanks for that... I was looking in the old PDF-Help (from an older demo version that I had on my computer...) - and couldn't find anything... now I realize that the Help-PDF-File has been updated since a long time.... and there are all the informations I need
I did a little layout for Touch-OSC ; its just a little Helper in Live-situation; its attached to this message
maybe someone is interested.....

I found only some few common commands by myself; but tomorrow I will have look into the D-Pro-Help... and than I can improve the layout further on
=> to get the names and the labels in Touch-OSC (in my actual layout), one has to launch first Touch-OSC (before launching the D-Pro-ShowControl (or close the window and open it again...)

thanks and friendly greetings
Attachments
D-Pro-Lighting.touchosc.zip
a little Touch-OSC layout for the show-controler in D-Pro
(5.37 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

Hello
here is my second and final version of the Touch-OSC Layout (see attached file)
unfortunately I did not found more commands in the Help-File
the OSC protocol for D-Pro is finally pretty poor; but not bad as all

as I said : to refresh labels and values you have to close de "Control-Window" in D-Pro and open it again (or launch your Touch-OSC before opening D-Pro !! (especially when playing with the simplified "Showplayer" !!)

in the layout the "Reset" button resets all active Submasters (sort of Submaster-Blackout) and the Sync button re-syncs chases with the actual Tempo

not pretty much more to do because there are no other OSC accesses available; but its okey for just running a show...
have fun.....

(if someone need more pages, more buttons or more faders, feel free to edit this layout....)
that said : Touch QSC can also transmit MIDI-Messages; so it it possible to complete the layout with more personalized buttons and even to fire some macros via MIDI-Command.....

I am finally on a more complex project of a complete TouchOSC Remote layout combining OSC and Midi; with command-line, numeric pad a.s.o.
same thing on I-Pad as does the Programmer-Wing from Enttec
Attachments
D-Pro-Lighting2.zip
(5.53 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

here comes Version3 of my TouchOSC Remote Layout (see the attached file)
I added a whole MIDI page with a full functionnaly numeric pad and some features for Direct-Override (for pan/til, and sliders and buttons etc)

of corse, while the OSC commands are instantly recognized; the MIDI Remote needs to be matched in your D-Pro MIDI-preferences
if someone is interested I can provide an empty showfile ready to use, where the MIDI preferences are already matched (for OSC-Bridge or Network-MIDI)

be careful when using the command-line (directly in D-Pro ou remoting via a controller) :
the Device-Browser and the Programmer Windows have to be both OPEN !!
when the Device Browser is closed any command-line will crash D-Pro !!!!!
when the Programmer is closed any command-line does not work !! (but launches the Programmer window)

this is especially important when using the D-Pro-Player App !!! its still possible to use Command-Lines (even with the Player) but you have to open first the DeviceBrowser and Programmer-Windows (which is possible with my TouchOSC-Remote)

Have Fun (and please contact me if something's going wrong with that Layout ! I tested it and all seems to be fine..!!)
Attachments
D-Pro-Lighting3.touchosc.zip
(7.36 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
magicm

Post by magicm »

Hi Ziggy

i am new to D pro and touch OSC

Are you still able to share the empty showfile you have created?

Thanks
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

here it is (attached)
preference-setup1.dsf.zip
(140.44 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
magicm

Post by magicm »

Thanks Ziggy........sorry for the late reply.........sidetracked with work.
Appreciate the work you have done :)