Gigbar 2.0

JRUDER

Gigbar 2.0

Post by JRUDER »

Hello;

There is a new profile for a Chauvet Gigbar 2.0 up and working.

It supports the 3 channel mode and the 23 channel mode, the 11 channel mode is just not that useful seeming but if someone needs it added let me know.

The 3 channel mode acts just like you would expect it to, it basically lets you replace the IR remote functions via DMX - I have used it several times on a live show and it does OK.
The 23 channel mode splits the fixture up into the following sub fixtures:
  • 1. A 5 channel par fixture, one channel each for RGB and UV plus a control channel
  • Important note: There are two versions of this fixture mode, one called Par Dim and one called Par Snap
  • The Par Dim allows the par to be dimmed, the other has named fixed ranges for the par -- this is due to a bug in the fixture that I will describe below.
    2. The Derby is split across 3 different Modes covering 1 channel each:
  • Ctrl - 1 channel mode that sets the colors using named Fixed channels
  • Strobe - 1 channel mode with a named variable range for speed and strobe to sound
  • Rotation - 1 channel mode with a named variable range for speed and direction
    3. Laser is a 3 channel control for the Laser - Color, Strobe and Pattern
    4. Strobe is a 4 channel control for the strobe, note that you can have the strobe use white or UV but not both at the same time.
  • Also note, the online PDF manual lists the wrong ranges and modes for the strobe - I have used the correct ones for the fixtures that I have -- if yours are different please let me know.
The currently shipping versions of this fixture have a known bug in them that causes the 2nd PAR (address 6-10) to not respond correctly to the strobe and dimmer channel.
This only seems to impact the 23 channel mode.
To allow it to work I have created a separate fixture for it called Par Snap that only allows it to be turned on, off, strobed full, strobed to sound and full white.
Chauvet has a fix available but it requires a factory software upgrade.

To use the fixture create them in the following manner, assuming a starting address of 1:
Set channel 1-5 to either of of Par fixtures and set 6-10 to the Par Snap
Set channels 11 & 14 to a Derby Control
Set channels 12 & 15 to a Derby Strobe
Set channels 13 & 16 to a Derby Rotation
Set channels 17-19 to a Laser
Set channels 20-23 to Strobe

Doing the fixture this way will allow you to use groups to perform chases on the patterns or to quickly set a lot of fixtures the same.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems with it.

Joe
JRUDER

Re: Gigbar 2.0

Post by JRUDER »

Here is a short video on how I setup the gigbar 2 in D-Pro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1RFvd6 ... e=youtu.be

Joe
alamakluke

Post by alamakluke »

Hi Joe,

Thanks for creating the Gigbar 2 Profile. I just bought a DMXIS unit and I am setting up my Gigbar 2's. I notice I thing thought that I don't understand why its not working. What is not working for me right now is the Strobe Program. You mention in your original comments that you thought Chauvet made a mistake in their documentation concerning the strobe and you had to make modifications to make yours work. Well I think mine works like the original because all I can control right now is the DIM for the strobe using channel 21 and channel 22 for the DIM for the UV.

Also another thing that is weird is when I import your Gigbar 2 23 Ch Mode Strobe 4 chs, only 3 channels get populated in DMXIS? Do you know why that is happening?

Thanks in advance.
Luc
alamakluke

Post by alamakluke »

hi All,

I was able to resolve my issue but just creating my own Gigbar 2.0 fixture and uploading it to DMXIS. Everything is working as it should be now.