D-Pro/Liine lemur OSC help

Stumonkey

D-Pro/Liine lemur OSC help

Post by Stumonkey »

Hi since D-pro now supports OSC I have been trying to put together a line lemur template together. I can get the faders and buttons to work easily however I can't work out how to populate text boxes with the name of the cue/cuelist using OSC. Anyone who could help would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: D-Pro/Liine lemur OSC help

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Yeah, Lemur is a bit odd in this respect. TouchOSC labels will happily display incoming messages, but Lemur text objects do nothing.

The solution is to use 'Monitor' objects. (e.g. a Monitor object with custom address "/sc/btn/label/1/2/3" will display the name of the Show Control button on tab 1, row 2, col 3).

Unfortunately, Lemur adds quotation marks around the name, which looks a bit messy (especially for empty buttons/sliders). There's probably a way to fix this using custom Lemur scripting, but I didn't dig that far during testing.

Oh, I also found I could only do this with the Lemur editor on Mac/Windows. I couldn't edit Monitor addresses with the Lemur in-app editor)
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Stumonkey

Post by Stumonkey »

Ah thanks I have it working with using a monitor. I know the attribute for the text is called content and I am able to manipulate what it shows through scripting so I must be able to get it to behave with the OSC address some how. I will post if I get it sorted thanks
Stumonkey

Post by Stumonkey »

I now have managed to get the text working to display the correct labels without '. ' around them. I created an expression in the text object I called mine x. I then created a script in it to run on OSC from whatever label it is you are using. The script line then simply says setattribute (text object name, 'content',Text objects name.x) oh and go into the objects expression select X and match the osc to whatever label you are trying to get. Hope that makes sense. It's a little long winded but it works perfectly and now I can use the power of lemur to build my template rather than the limited touch OSC. Hope that makes sense I can send screen shots of not
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Thanks for the info. Yes, I agree Lemur is a much more capable OSC controller if you have some programming skills! But TouchOSC is a cool app for those people who need to get a basic interactive controller up & running quick.

Either OSC solution is better than MIDI :D

Oh, I'm also sure everyone here would love to see your finished Lemur template :)
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
JRUDER

Post by JRUDER »

Hello!

I am getting ready to setup either a Lemur or touch OSC to control DMXIS, so yes, any examples or notes would be great!
I am on the fence as to upgrading to D-Pro. I run about half the shows "hands on" but the other just choose a bank and let it run.
Any thoughts on which might be better for me would be appreciated. I have the DMXIS currently, I am 99% sure that the box is supported by D-Pro?

I am a C# developer and pretty comfortable programming so I am thinking Lemur/D-Pro will be the way to go.

Currently I am controlling everything using 2 midi controllers and DMXIS, but the limits are annoying.

Thanks!

Joe
Nolaz

Post by Nolaz »

Hi there,

Maybe someone would be interested in my Lemur template for D-PRO.
https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/752/

If you want more pages, just copy/paste and... edit ! ;-)

Bye
N.