d-pro mk2 and dmx usb pro doesn't work

luca telleschi

d-pro mk2 and dmx usb pro doesn't work

Post by luca telleschi »

last week dpro and mk2 stop to work... i've made no changes to muy standard setup.. i use this configuration for almost 100 concerts on last 2 years.
i update firmware of mk2 and also of usb pro.. I update d-pro to latest version.. i redo the 2xx patch.. pro manager find devices and they work with other software (lx console) but d-pro doesn't find the two devices.. i really don't know what happens..

anybody has an idea??

luca
luca telleschi

Re: d-pro mk2 and dmx usb pro doesn't work

Post by luca telleschi »

still no solution..
i try installing d pro on another mac and it still don't find the mk2 and usb pro..
pro manager recognize both devices.. and other software works properly..

any idea??
JeremyAtEnttec

Post by JeremyAtEnttec »

Luca,

If Pro Manager can find the interface, then DPRO should have no problem. As long as you properly close Pro Manager first, that is. Two programs can't talk to the interface at the same time.

For reference, Pro Manager uses the D2XX driver, and so does DPRO. I think LX Console used to use VCOM driver instead. At least that used to be true. I have a suspicion Claude Heinz may have changed that at some point but it is not verified.

It's easy to switch between the two drivers in question by way of the FTDI Driver Controller app, which Dave Brown put together for this explicit purpose. You can find a download link for that app on this page

http://www.enttec.com/?main_menu=Produc ... 4&show=faq

The second article is the one which is relevant.

Good luck
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Luca,

If the FTDI Driver Control utility shows that the driver is disabled, and you are not running any other program that communicates with the hardware, then D-Pro should work just fine with any connected Enttec USB-DMX device.

Perhaps there's an issue with the way you are setting up the outputs in your D-Pro show. Please email me a copy of your D-Pro show file (send to dave@db-audioware.com) and I'll check it for you.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon