I've had a number of requests for a way to capture the current DMX output of D-Pro, and save that as a new cue. I understand that this is the workflow of a number of hardware consoles. However, it doesn't fit well into the D-Pro design. A D-Pro cue doesn't store everything needed to fully replicate the "current look" at the DMX outputs, particularly if you're using cuelists & audio to create a complex effect.
So, I'm planning a more useful feature called "Show Control Snapshots". This will basically snapshot the current setting of every button & slider in the Show Control window for easy recall, and will look something like this (scroll to bottom of image):
Doing snapshots this way has a number of advantages:
- Any edits to groups, cues, palettes or cuelists are automatically reflected in the snapshot.
- Fade times configured on your Show Control buttons will continue to work when you load a snapshot.
- Editing snapshots is easy (load snapshot, tweak buttons/sliders, save snapshot).
- For live busking, you can load snapshots and tweak them quickly using the Show Control buttons/sliders.
- For theatrical use, a very visual cue stack can be built using snapshots
- For standalone installations in bars/restaurants etc, the D-Pro player can display only snapshots for the simplest possible operating interface.