Feature Request(s)

BrianF

Feature Request(s)

Post by BrianF »

No show stoppers here but a few things that, I think, would be very useful...

1) The ability to map the master fader to a MIDI fader.

2) The ability to change the layout of the Show Control window so that it better reflects the layout of a connected MIDI surface. ie to have the Faders run vertically and to be under, or above, the Button Panel. Likewise the Snapshot Panel. For inspiration have a look at the physical layout of MIDI surfaces like the APC20 or the Launch Control XL.

3) The ability to hide the MIDI information on faders and buttons in the Show Control window. Once setup it's not really necessary and makes for a confused label.
flippatspace

Re: Feature Request(s)

Post by flippatspace »

Hi,

1) is possible: But not directly as all the other buttons. You need to go into preferences -> Remote Control -> learn new mapping. Then move the fader you want as master and select "Show Controler: SET GRAND MASTER"

The other 2 would be really nice ;)

Maybe there will be a new release soon. 1.8.1 is more then a year old now ^^

Regards
Phil
BrianF

Post by BrianF »

Thanks Phil,

I'd missed the bit in preferences.
genetic

Ableton Link or MIDI Timecode

Post by genetic »

It is very hard to sync D-PRO with tempo of other tools like Ableton.
1) TAP TEMPO using midi note is not precise at all
2) SET SPEED using any MIDI CC is precise only for some values as D-PRO is trying to map 127 MIDI scale to 480 tempo scale
3) SET TEMPO (60-187) is very limited range.

Allowing D-PRO to react on such messages like Ableton Link or at least MIDI Timecode would be more than welcomed.
APT Tech

Post by APT Tech »

BrianF wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:38 pm3) The ability to hide the MIDI information on faders and buttons in the Show Control window. Once setup it's not really necessary and makes for a confused label.
Absolutely agree. I'd like this info visible in D-Pro, but hidden in D-Pro-Player myself, but there are other options as well.