Control Surfaces

BrianF

Control Surfaces

Post by BrianF »

I bought a copy of D-Pro a few days ago and am loving it. I have a question on using it with a control surface of some kind.

First question - from a robustness point of view the BCF2000 looks like the way to go. I'm comfortable with the concept of assigning MIDI message to various show control features but wondered if there is any feedback to the motorised faders on the BCF? Or indeed to any of the LEDs inside buttons?

Second question - when using the programmer is there any way to remotely drive the XY position and the colour map?

Third question - if I save my pennies and buy an Enttec programming wing how integrated with D-PRO is it? Again, can the wheels drive position and colour?

Thanks.
flippatspace

Re: Control Surfaces

Post by flippatspace »

Hey,

I cannot tell for the Behringer, but for our ICON midi controllers it worked pretty well. We only have the problem that If you start a snapshot (so multiple faders would move) some faders don't respond. But I don't know whether this is a DPro or an ICON/ Midi problem. We are using 2 interfaces so we have to use a MIDI Splitter software. Maybe that is also the "problem". Thats why I was asking in the forum to be able to have multiple MIDI outputs ^^

2nd and 3rd quesion: haven't tried yet or don't have any program wing :-D

Regards

Phil
BrianF

Re: Control Surfaces

Post by BrianF »

Update of my own question...

I decided that the secondhand BCF2000s on eBay were going for too much money for the condition they were in. So I bough a new novation LaunchControl XL.

Setting up was easy and it works fine for show playback.

I'm using the 8 faders to control my 8 main cues, and the buttons under the faders to either flash or latch the same cues.